Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electrical question

I need to replace an ancient bell/call box power supply with a modern
wallwart. The original transformer (from the 1930s, with internal fuses
in both L and N) was wired into the lighting circuit. It would be very
difficult to get non-lighting power to this location (near the ceiling,
in the kitchen), I don't have space for a fused spur and I can't find a
13A socket with a built-in fuse. I'm planning on using a standard 13A
socket, fitting an internal 500mA in-line fuse and adding a suitable
label to the socket.
What does the jury think?