Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Letter on flu shots

"Brian Gaff" wrote:

wrote:
To the Editor:

Regarding "NC law on vaccinations should change, doctors agree.
But they differ about how." (Dec 15), I believe that if we stop
making flu shots altogether, we would help the urban traffic
congestion issue, since a higher percentage of drivers would be
home sick during flu season. It would also address the carrying
capacity/population issue by shortening life spans by a few years.
And since it would be an unselfish act, it would also address the
main cause of conflict in the world, the undisciplined craving
for more by political leaders everywhere, a selfishness gone
wild, the same condition that afflicts alcoholics and addicts.
The principle of unselfishness is mentioned in every sermon,
in every house of worship, every day that services are held,
but that obviously is not enough to reach all areas of society.
We need more power, Captain!

Remember Canherbis iis going to be legal in Canada next year.
Maybe you need to have somne?
Brian

When you are presented with the subject of flu shots, you
don't look at the big picture, you don't even know what the
big picture is, and you don't /want/ to know! All you care
about is that you don't have to get sick any more!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
wrote:
When you are presented with the subject of flu shots, you
don't look at the big picture, you don't even know what the
big picture is, and you don't /want/ to know! All you care
about is that you don't have to get sick any more!

The one and only time I had a flue jab, I reacted badly to it. And there
was no epidemic that year. ;-)

--
*I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
wrote:

When you are presented with the subject of flu shots, you
don't look at the big picture, you don't even know what the
big picture is, and you don't /want/ to know! All you care
about is that you don't have to get sick any more!

The one and only time I had a flue jab, I reacted badly to it. And there
was no epidemic that year. ;-)

I've never had flu, and I don't see why I should catch it in the near
future. So I refused the offer I received recently. I can see that it
might be a good idea for healthcare professionals, as they are more
likely to be exposed to it, and more needed to care for people with
(serious) flu. (I hope the statisticians have worked this out.)

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Max Demian" wrote in message
In article ,
wrote:

When you are presented with the subject of flu shots, you
don't look at the big picture, you don't even know what the
big picture is, and you don't /want/ to know! All you care
about is that you don't have to get sick any more!

The one and only time I had a flue jab, I reacted badly to it. And there
was no epidemic that year. ;-)

I've never had flu, and I don't see why I should catch it in the near
future.

Most people's immunity level does drop with age.

So I refused the offer I received recently.

I've never bothered with flu jabs.

I can see that it might be a good idea for healthcare professionals, as
they are more likely to be exposed to it, and more needed to care for
people with (serious) flu.

Flu can kill you, particularly if you are older. The common cold cant.

(I hope the statisticians have worked this out.)