Kalico

Default Where to buy IEE 16th Ed Regs and OS Guide?

Can anyone recommend a good/cheap place to buy a copy of the 16th Edition
Wiring Regs and the On Site Guide?

Or if anyone has one they might sell to me?

Thanks
Rob

--
Tel. 07010 703 702

Replace SPAM with ORG to reply

Al Reynolds

"Kalico" wrote in message
Can anyone recommend a good/cheap place to buy a copy of the 16th Edition
Wiring Regs and the On Site Guide?

Our local Waterstones have the OSG, but not the regs.
ISTR that Amazon had both.

Al

Christian McArdle

Can anyone recommend a good/cheap place to buy a copy of the 16th Edition
Wiring Regs and the On Site Guide?

If you can't afford new, try eBay. Make sure it is the right version,
though. You want the blue cover, I believe. Yellow is older. Red older
still.

Christian.

Andy Hall

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 09:25:59 -0000, "Kalico" wrote:

Can anyone recommend a good/cheap place to buy a copy of the 16th Edition
Wiring Regs and the On Site Guide?

Or if anyone has one they might sell to me?

Thanks
Rob

www.amazon.co.uk

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Andy Hall

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 09:45:27 -0000, "Christian McArdle"
wrote:

Can anyone recommend a good/cheap place to buy a copy of the 16th Edition
Wiring Regs and the On Site Guide?

If you can't afford new, try eBay. Make sure it is the right version,
though. You want the blue cover, I believe. Yellow is older. Red older
still.

Christian.

Yep. both are blue in latest version

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Kalico

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 09:25:59 -0000, "Kalico" wrote:

Can anyone recommend a good/cheap place to buy a copy of the 16th Edition
Wiring Regs and the On Site Guide?

Or if anyone has one they might sell to me?

Thanks
Rob

www.amazon.co.uk

Amazon seem more expensive than buying from IEE's shop. Iee are £35 for the
regs and £14 for the OSG.

E-bay doesn't list anything.

Thanks to all for advice.
Rob

--
Tel. 07010 703 702

Replace SPAM with ORG to reply

John Horne

COOP online bookshop believe it or not... £38
Christian McArdle

I can see £350 (for the CD-ROM version - ouch!) and £35 for the
Commentary on IEE Wiring Regulations 16th edition - you don't mean
that, do you?

I know. I'd be gutted if I could have paid only 35 quid.

Christian.

John Stumbles

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 09:25:59 -0000, "Kalico" wrote:

Can anyone recommend a good/cheap place to buy a copy of the 16th Edition
Wiring Regs and the On Site Guide?

Or if anyone has one they might sell to me?

Thanks
Rob

www.amazon.co.uk

Amazon and some others are doing it at £42 rather than 47 or 49. (If you
find it cheaper please let me know!) The OSG should be about £14 - I got
mine at that price in our local Waterstones.

John Stumbles

"Kalico" wrote in message
"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 09:25:59 -0000, "Kalico" wrote:

Can anyone recommend a good/cheap place to buy a copy of the 16th

Edition
Wiring Regs and the On Site Guide?

Or if anyone has one they might sell to me?

Thanks
Rob

www.amazon.co.uk

Amazon seem more expensive than buying from IEE's shop. Iee are £35 for

the
regs and £14 for the OSG.

Where do you see £35?

http://www.iee.org/Shop/ProductListing.cfm shows £47 -
http://www.iee.org/shop/invoke.cfm?o...-A3E0A82016CB4
AF0&method=DisplayDetails

I can see £350 (for the CD-ROM version - ouch!) and £35 for the Commentary
on IEE Wiring Regulations 16th edition - you don't mean that, do you?

John Stumbles

"John Horne" wrote in message
COOP online bookshop believe it or not... £38

You are kidding, non?

(I'm gutted: I just ordered it from Amazon for £42)

Have you a URL?

From http://www.co-op.co.uk/ only Co-op2U seems likely, and they don't seem
to do treeware.

Andy P

John Stumbles wrote:
"John Horne" wrote in message

COOP online bookshop believe it or not... £38

You are kidding, non?

(I'm gutted: I just ordered it from Amazon for £42)

Have you a URL?

From http://www.co-op.co.uk/ only Co-op2U seems likely, and they don't seem
to do treeware.

www.coopentertainmentshop.co.uk

--
Replace MYNAME with andy to reply.
Dave Plowman

In article ,
Kalico wrote:
Can anyone recommend a good/cheap place to buy a copy of the 16th Edition
Wiring Regs and the On Site Guide?

Or if anyone has one they might sell to me?

You might consider the Electricians Guide (16th Edition) from TLC at
12.95, unless studying for a qualification.

--
*Red meat is not bad for you. Fuzzy green meat is bad for you.

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn
Lurch

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 08:09:00 +0000, Andy P
wrote:

From http://www.co-op.co.uk/ only Co-op2U seems likely, and they don't seem
to do treeware.

www.coopentertainmentshop.co.uk

I just had a look at that. Might wait till the new version comes out
next month though. (I've been saying that for months!)

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.

Kalico

"Dave Plowman" wrote in message
In article ,
Kalico wrote:
Can anyone recommend a good/cheap place to buy a copy of the 16th

Edition
Wiring Regs and the On Site Guide?

Or if anyone has one they might sell to me?

You might consider the Electricians Guide (16th Edition) from TLC at
12.95, unless studying for a qualification.

--
*Red meat is not bad for you. Fuzzy green meat is bad for you.

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn

Thanks for that Dave but I must sit the exam. Who is the authour of that
guide (there seems to be so many)? I might buy it anyway.

Cheers

Rob

--
Tel. 07010 703 702

Replace SPAM with ORG to reply

Kalico

"Andy P" wrote in message
.. .

From http://www.co-op.co.uk/ only Co-op2U seems likely, and they don't

seem
to do treeware.

www.coopentertainmentshop.co.uk

--
Replace MYNAME with andy to reply.

Great - thanks for that. I have just ordered over 50 odd quids worth of
paper.

Sure eveyerone agrees this is a damn rip-off. Gotta be done though.

I have to say I've never heard of or seen that Co-op web site before.
Thanks a lot.

Rob

--
Tel. 07010 703 702

Replace SPAM with ORG to reply

Dave Plowman

In article ,
Kalico wrote:
Thanks for that Dave but I must sit the exam. Who is the authour of that
guide (there seems to be so many)? I might buy it anyway.

John Whitfield. I've got a copy, but must own up to never having opened
it. Much more fun to start an argument here.

--
*Why are a wise man and a wise guy opposites? *

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn
Kalico

Kalico wrote:
Thanks for that Dave but I must sit the exam. Who is the authour of

that
guide (there seems to be so many)? I might buy it anyway.

John Whitfield. I've got a copy, but must own up to never having opened
it. Much more fun to start an argument here.

--
*Why are a wise man and a wise guy opposites? *

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn

Join the club - my shelves are crammed with books the only pleasure from
which I have so far had has been buying them with good intention. Ah! One
day etc ........

Rob

Adherence to Building Regs... or not? Lobster UK diy 14 January 24th 04 09:15 AM
Wiring Regs - Rationale Johnny Boy UK diy 14 November 4th 03 03:35 PM
New Electrical Regs - Again PoP UK diy 169 October 22nd 03 11:34 PM
New Electrical Regs PoP UK diy 22 September 1st 03 08:41 PM
Electrical Wiring Grouping Factors in IEE Regs pickerel UK diy 5 July 14th 03 01:26 AM