Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Boiler update - Insurance or replacement

Valliant engineer has just been and it looks like my £300 D&G insurance
gamble has paid off. He replaced the pump, replaced the stuck diverter
valve and it didn't make any difference, no flow from boiler and temp
going up to 111 degrees, steam coming out of pump bleed valve like
Thomas the Tank Engine
"well I've never ever seen that happen before" he uttered in a tolerable
Droitwitch accent.
He's now ordered a new main heat exchanger and a also a plate heat
exchanger and will be back Tuesday to fit.

Only thing he requested is that the black 16 yr old water was drained
out and re-filled before fitting the new bits. So my suspicions of it
being H/Exchanger have been confirmed and it looks like our trust old
boiler will be virtually as good as new when he's finished and should
live for another 16+ years

Winner winner vegetarian dinner.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

On 14/12/2017 15:25, www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
[...]

How many years have you been paying that insurance?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/12/2017 16:40, ss wrote:

Winner winner vegetarian dinner.

How many years have you been paying that insurance?

You must have missed my original thread.

I phoned up Valliant to get some prices and they gave me 2 options.
First option was their own 1 price for single fix of £299 which included
all parts but *excluded* heat-exchangers.

Second option was Domestic&General 6 month policy at £49.98 a month
which included all parts *including* heat exchangers up to the value of
£1500.
No fix, no fee. Made sense to go for this option as I suspected Heat
Exchanger may have been part of the problem (Already knew diverter valve
and possibly pump needed replacing).

First months payment comes out on the 1st Jan so boiler still be covered
into the summer after which it will be cancelled as all key components
(except for fan) will be new.

Shopping for parts in an on-line parts shop come in at around £700+ so
even a Tradie would be forking out £300(?) minimum for parts.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

"www.GymRatZ.co.uk" Wrote
in message:
Valliant engineer has just been and it looks like my £300 D&G insurance
gamble has paid off.

I didn't know Dolce & Gabanna did boiler insurance?

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2017-12-15 13:33:25 +0000, jim said:

"www.GymRatZ.co.uk" Wrote
in message:
Valliant engineer has just been and it looks like my £300 D&G insurance
gamble has paid off.

I didn't know Dolce & Gabanna did boiler insurance?

Plenty of handbags on this group from what I see.