Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Good old Bliar.

In article , T i m
writes
On Mon, 4 Dec 2017 12:28:25 +0000, Fredxx wrote:

snip

If you agree to renting a place (or phone or car) for X period then
you often have to pay a penalty if you decide to leave early.

Where's this contract with the EU?

Pass, I don't work for the EU or the government. However, do you not
think there will be contracts in place to cover inter EU activities
with / between the member states or do you think it's all just a free
for all?

From a liability POV they knew we might walk away in 2019 and so should
have made provision.

Why is it always them and us with you lot? We are still them till / if
we actually leave.

If you 'improve' the property, you may well be required (and you will
have singed for such on the lease or rental agreement) have to return
the item (especially a building or car) in either a very good
condition or exactly as you found it, at your own cost.

A company I worked for left the building they were leasing 5 years
short of the 20 year period and had to pay £1M (15 years ago now) to
be allowed to walk away early. Had they not done so they would have
been taken to court and the landlord would have won.

Sounds like a very big building where £1M was less than occupying the
place,

I understand it was less than the outstanding rent but enough to keep
the landlord's lawyers of their backs.

There's more to leasing than paying the rent. On termination you must
restore the building to it's initial pristine state - as the occupiers
of Crystal Palace discovered to their cost a few years ago. Some
athletics association - I forget the exact name.
The landlord would only have won if there was a contract in place. If
there wasn't I can assure you the landlord wouldn't have got a cent.

And there you go with the 'we will only pay what we promised if there
is paperwork in place'.

Maybe this is why my first wife and I came to a mutual agreement when
we divorced and many others don't.

Cheers, T i m

--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 6 Dec 2017 22:44:12 +0000, bert wrote:

snip

I understand it was less than the outstanding rent but enough to keep
the landlord's lawyers of their backs.

There's more to leasing than paying the rent.

I know.

On termination you must
restore the building to it's initial pristine state - as the occupiers
of Crystal Palace discovered to their cost a few years ago.

I know and said so elsewhere.

Some
athletics association - I forget the exact name.

Pass (I don't do 'sport').

But you made my point nicely (thanks). When you agree to take
something on, you also (if you are a gentleman) agree to do what's
right at the end, no matter.

So, if *we* decide to leave the EU, we first agree that we will settle
our dues and once we have done that, we are in a better position to
then negotiate all the other stuff.

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

********. Never heard of fair wear and tear?

--
*IS THERE ANOTHER WORD FOR SYNONYM?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , T i m
writes
On Wed, 6 Dec 2017 22:44:12 +0000, bert wrote:

snip

I understand it was less than the outstanding rent but enough to keep
the landlord's lawyers of their backs.

There's more to leasing than paying the rent.

I know.

On termination you must
restore the building to it's initial pristine state - as the occupiers
of Crystal Palace discovered to their cost a few years ago.

I know and said so elsewhere.

Some
athletics association - I forget the exact name.

Pass (I don't do 'sport').

But you made my point nicely (thanks). When you agree to take
something on, you also (if you are a gentleman) agree to do what's
right at the end, no matter.

Rubbish. When you sign a legal contract such as a lease you can be held
to it. Being a gentleman has nothing to do with it.
So, if *we* decide to leave the EU, we first agree that we will settle
our dues and once we have done that, we are in a better position to
then negotiate all the other stuff.

But what are our dues? The EU has come up with a massive figure which
has no legal basis - or at least they have not given one yet. The UK has
said we will pay in up to the point of leaving. Paying anything more
means less money for the NHS.
Cheers, T i m

--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
bert wrote:
There's more to leasing than paying the rent. On termination you must
restore the building to it's initial pristine state

********. Never heard of fair wear and tear?

You demonstrate your ignorance yet again. You obviously have never
looked at a lease.
--
bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 7 Dec 2017 21:30:28 +0000, bert wrote:

snip

But you made my point nicely (thanks). When you agree to take
something on, you also (if you are a gentleman) agree to do what's
right at the end, no matter.

Rubbish. When you sign a legal contract such as a lease you can be held
to it. Being a gentleman has nothing to do with it.

No, not to you obviously. I bet you just sneak off when it's you round
down the pub.

So, if *we* decide to leave the EU, we first agree that we will settle
our dues and once we have done that, we are in a better position to
then negotiate all the other stuff.

But what are our dues?

Anything (project etc) that we have agreed to be part of and committed
to?

The EU has come up with a massive figure which
has no legal basis - or at least they have not given one yet.

See above.

The UK has
said we will pay in up to the point of leaving.

As it should as a minimum.

Paying anything more

It's not *more*, it's 'all'.

means less money for the NHS.

You still not realised that NHS story was a scam?

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"T i m" wrote in message
On Thu, 7 Dec 2017 21:30:28 +0000, bert wrote:

snip

snipped unread

Bert, you're typing to a troll imbecile (with splinters in his arse).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article . com, bm
writes

"T i m" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 7 Dec 2017 21:30:28 +0000, bert wrote:

snip

snipped unread

Bert, you're typing to a troll imbecile (with splinters in his arse).

Indeed. Feel a bit sorry for him. He's only got half a brain you know,
If he paid for that basic psychology course he ought to demand his money
back.
--
bert