Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wireless switches/receivers

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_In...tic/index.html

Anyone used these or recommend similar?

A bit expensive compared to a light switch, but Looks like they will
save a load of effort and mess.

Ta,
Rick
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"R D S" wrote in message
news
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_In...tic/index.html

Anyone used these or recommend similar?

A bit expensive compared to a light switch, but Looks like they will save
a load of effort and mess.

Ta,
Rick

thought they looked quite inexpensive....don't like the clearance bit ......

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/12/2017 18:21, R D S wrote:
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_In...tic/index.html

Anyone used these or recommend similar?

A bit expensive compared to a light switch, but Looks like they will
save a load of effort and mess.

Ta,
Rick

Don't they need L&N and a feed out and back to the lamp making them
difficult to install in some places.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"dennis@home" wrote in message
web.com...
On 03/12/2017 18:21, R D S wrote:
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_In...tic/index.html
Anyone used these or recommend similar?

A bit expensive compared to a light switch, but Looks like they will save
a load of effort and mess.

Ta,
Rick

Don't they need L&N and a feed out and back to the lamp making them
difficult to install in some places.

Innovation of Wireless Kinetic Technology
The Quinetic wireless switch has a built-in micro energy generator.
The action or pressing the switch, generates enough kinetic energy to create
and transmit a radio signal
and switch on/off via a receiver (wireless controller) the lamp or other
loads
This solves an age old problem of having to install switch wiring over the
past 130 years since
the invention of the light bulb

No Wiring. No Battery. Easy Installation

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/12/2017 18:21, R D S wrote:
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_In...tic/index.html

Anyone used these or recommend similar?

A bit expensive compared to a light switch, but Looks like they will
save a load of effort and mess.

Ta,
Rick

I can think of places where they might be cost-effective, but for lights
a simple PIR is probably usually going to be better. I've just installed
a couple of PIR lights in the back of standard transport containers
which are just being used as static storage. All you have to do is open
the door and wave, and the light comes on.

Can recommend these

https://www.screwfix.com/p/lap-ar050...670lm-8w/6470v

(I think the ones I put in were actually 6 watt for about £18)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

R D S wrote

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_In...tic/index.html

Anyone used these or recommend similar?

A bit expensive compared to a light switch, but Looks like they will save
a load of effort and mess.

I do it the other way, use Homekit etc so the phone etc does
it all. That way I dont have to go to the switch at all and can
automate almost everything using movement sensors.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/12/2017 18:21, R D S wrote:
[...]

The control module!

You can tell he is a brexiteer.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 3 Dec 2017 18:21:43 +0000, R D S wrote:

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_In...tic/index.html

Anyone used these or recommend similar?

A bit expensive compared to a light switch, but Looks like they will
save a load of effort and mess.

Ta,
Rick

---
http://www.avg.com

I haven't used them Rick but I shall be as there are a couple of
situations where an extra light is wanted but I have been putting off
doing the job because of the dust that chasing a wall causes. Thanks
for identifying them.

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/12/2017 18:48, dennis@home wrote:
On 03/12/2017 18:21, R D S wrote:
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_In...tic/index.html

Anyone used these or recommend similar?

A bit expensive compared to a light switch, but Looks like they will
save a load of effort and mess.

Ta,
Rick

Don't they need L&N and a feed out and back to the lamp making them
difficult to install in some places.

If your wiring is loop through, you will have a permanent live and
neutral at the ceiling rose already. If not, you will have at least a
switched live and a neutral, so remove the existing switch and replace
with a terminal block to give a permanent live. In either case, connect
receiver at ceiling rose, now you can add as many wireless switches as
you need.

SteveW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

--

I've got a triple switch and two receivers controlling a couple of
lights and a third receiver modified to send a pulse to the heating

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Walker wrote:

R D S wrote:

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_In...tic/index.html
Anyone used these or recommend similar?

Not used any, but you might want to look at EnOcean as well

If your wiring is loop through, you will have a permanent live and
neutral at the ceiling rose already. If not, you will have at least a
switched live and a neutral, so remove the existing switch and replace
with a terminal block to give a permanent live. In either case, connect
receiver at ceiling rose, now you can add as many wireless switches as
you need.

You might need to make a substantial hole in ceiling to shove the
receiver in adjacent to rose ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 3 Dec 2017 18:21:43 +0000, R D S wrote:

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_In...tic/index.html

Anyone used these or recommend similar?

A bit expensive compared to a light switch, but Looks like they will
save a load of effort and mess.

Ta,
Rick

---
http://www.avg.com

I have located a much cheaper option Rick:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Acegoo-Wi...AOSwol5Yxhf 2
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
On Sun, 3 Dec 2017 18:21:43 +0000, R D S wrote:

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_In...tic/index.html

Anyone used these or recommend similar?

A bit expensive compared to a light switch, but Looks like they will
save a load of effort and mess.

Ta,
Rick

---
http://www.avg.com

I have located a much cheaper option Rick:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Acegoo-Wi...AOSwol5Yxhf 2

Look again! The item you show is the switch only. A switch and receiver
is over £33 very similar to the TLC product.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 4 Dec 2017 08:01:04 +0000, Bob Minchin

On Sun, 3 Dec 2017 18:21:43 +0000, R D S wrote:

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_In...tic/index.html

Anyone used these or recommend similar?

A bit expensive compared to a light switch, but Looks like they will
save a load of effort and mess.

Ta,
Rick

---
http://www.avg.com

I have located a much cheaper option Rick:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Acegoo-Wi...AOSwol5Yxhf 2

Look again! The item you show is the switch only. A switch and receiver
is over £33 very similar to the TLC product.

Ah yes I gave the wrong link - £28 for the pair .. but they may have
only one
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kinetic-W...AOSw~HBaHEm b
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 3 Dec 2017 18:21:43 +0000, R D S wrote:

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_In...tic/index.html

Anyone used these or recommend similar?

A bit expensive compared to a light switch, but Looks like they will
save a load of effort and mess.

ARW should definitely get one so he could covertly film his latest
apprentice trying to sort out the switch wiring.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/12/2017 18:21, R D S wrote:
[...]

No more switching off the light to save energy, because the
controller is energised 24/7. Still the £200 free winter
heating allowance will cover it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/12/2017 22:18, Bob Minchin wrote:
Works brilliantly. The switch is loose on the occasional table along the
chair used by my semi disabled wife and she can work things without
moving from her chair.

I presume your wifes name is not Alexa ?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/12/17 08:20, wrote:
On Mon, 4 Dec 2017 08:01:04 +0000, Bob Minchin

On Sun, 3 Dec 2017 18:21:43 +0000, R D S wrote:

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_In...tic/index.html

Anyone used these or recommend similar?

A bit expensive compared to a light switch, but Looks like they will
save a load of effort and mess.

Ta,
Rick

---
http://www.avg.com

I have located a much cheaper option Rick:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Acegoo-Wi...AOSwol5Yxhf 2

Look again! The item you show is the switch only. A switch and receiver
is over £33 very similar to the TLC product.

Ah yes I gave the wrong link - £28 for the pair .. but they may have
only one
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kinetic-W...AOSw~HBaHEm b

Can you be sure that's for the pair?

Seller doesn't know what county he's in!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 4 Dec 2017 21:59:39 +0000, R D S wrote:

On 04/12/17 08:20, wrote:
[...]

For sure, I checked with them this morning and they confirmed it is
for the pair and they do have a quantity. They said "Thank you for
your enquiry, yes it does come with the receiver and we do have a lot
in stock with us being a new online business we can only list a
certain amount, how many are you looking for? Kind Regards Tina".
Shortly after they said, " I've managed to be able to list more items
after ebay were happy with our credentials so just let me know how
many you would like I can send you an offer." You will see that the
listing has gone up to 10.

They are a new seller and finding their feet, got to start somewhere.
I see what you mean about address ... Lancashire instead of
Lanarkshire entered.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 3 Dec 2017 18:21:43 +0000, R D S wrote:

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_In...tic/index.html

Anyone used these or recommend similar?

A bit expensive compared to a light switch, but Looks like they will
save a load of effort and mess.

Ta,
Rick

---
http://www.avg.com

Rick,
I ordered one of these (mentioned earlier) and it arrived today
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kinetic-W...AOSw~HBaHEm b

Absolutely delighted with it; tested with incandescent, CFL and LED
lamps, high and low power. I didn't take the load anywhere near the
rated current of 10A but no reason to think it wouldn't be good.

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
On Sun, 3 Dec 2017 18:21:43 +0000, R D S wrote:

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_In...tic/index.html

Anyone used these or recommend similar?

A bit expensive compared to a light switch, but Looks like they will
save a load of effort and mess.

Ta,
Rick

---
http://www.avg.com

Rick,
I ordered one of these (mentioned earlier) and it arrived today
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kinetic-W...AOSw~HBaHEm b

Absolutely delighted with it; tested with incandescent, CFL and LED
lamps, high and low power. I didn't take the load anywhere near the
rated current of 10A but no reason to think it wouldn't be good.

Mike

That listing shows a two gang switch but only a single receiver. Is this
what you got from them?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 10 Dec 2017 16:37:31 +0000, Bob Minchin

[...]

Bob, no as expected, a single-gang switch was supplied along with the
single receiver.

Mike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

Thanks Mike,
I was under the impression that TLC had the sole agency on these
Quinetic products - I could be wrong.
I've been very impressed with them and have had them working daily for
the last 4 months or so.
I also had the need to modify one to isolated momentary action and
opened up a receiver which I thought was well designed & built.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 10 Dec 2017 22:16:55 +0000, Bob Minchin
wrote:

Thanks Mike,
I was under the impression that TLC had the sole agency on these
Quinetic products - I could be wrong.
I've been very impressed with them and have had them working daily for
the last 4 months or so.
I also had the need to modify one to isolated momentary action and
opened up a receiver which I thought was well designed & built.

I hadn't twigged that the TLC ones are branded as Quinetic but these
are branded ENER-J and the Ebay advert only uses the word spelt as
Kinetic being the way the switch produces energy. ENER-J is screen
printed on the fuse on the controller; the TLC advert doesn't show a
brand mark. Other than that they look absolutely identical. I hadn't
looked before you raised this but I found the ENER-J web site and that
says that they are not for sale in the UK! I located their Facebook
page and asked on there the reason, especially if it was due to the
frequency used or other regulation and got a very quick reply "Hi mike
Its nothing to do with legality. We have got license to sell across
EUROPE but have limited market in the UK for now."

So I checked on the Model number on the reverse of the module - ERC304
and here we have a distributor/manufacturer in China selling at $11USD
for the 100 rate:
http://baydosz.manufacturer.globalso...Controller.htm

So yes I guess Quinetic do only sell through TLC and they have branded
the same item that ENER-J market; all bought in from Baydosz in China.

Mike

---
http://www.avg.com