Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wireless light switches - Radiplug specifically

Seeing the previous thread on wireless light switches reminded me of
this link which might prove useful and save someone some money.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B001CFJA6M - Second review

I had bought a three set of these and found you had to wander round the
room to make them function, which rather defeated the whole idea. Having
followed the suggested procedure, they now work brilliantly. Why theyr
are sent out untuned I have no idea, bit obviously the QC stickers are
meaningless.

Obviously take note of the dire warnings regarding electricity being
DANGEROUS.

Andy C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Andy Cap
wrote
Seeing the previous thread on wireless light switches reminded me of
this link which might prove useful and save someone some money.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B001CFJA6M - Second review

I had bought a three set of these and found you had to wander round the
room to make them function, which rather defeated the whole idea.
Having followed the suggested procedure, they now work brilliantly. Why
theyr are sent out untuned I have no idea, bit obviously the QC
stickers are meaningless.

Obviously take note of the dire warnings regarding electricity being
DANGEROUS.

The tuning frequency probably drifts with the terminal voltage of the
battery which would tie in with people complaining that they only work
for the first 20 operations (with a new battery) and one user adjusting
the settings.
--
Alan
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 23:18:53 +0000, Alan wrote:

The tuning frequency probably drifts with the terminal voltage of the
battery which would tie in with people complaining that they only work
for the first 20 operations (with a new battery) and one user adjusting
the settings.

Not my experience so far and it's certainly a lot more than 20, but it will be
interesting to see if you're right over a few months.

Wireless light switches? Tim Downie[_3_] UK diy 15 January 30th 11 06:39 PM
Light switches gcotterl Home Repair 23 November 7th 09 03:49 PM
wireless eetra light light switch + so,e persomal stuff y don'trea;;y want to knoww! tonyjeffs[_2_] UK diy 0 October 18th 09 05:23 AM
Light switches Dave UK diy 7 September 16th 07 10:30 PM
Wireless light switches Simon Pawson UK diy 4 November 27th 04 09:44 PM