Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Fence paint anyone

Just boarded out half the garage roof space for storage and got the
apprentice to put stuff up there.

"Lid fell off"

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:Paint.jpg

It was 4 deg when I hosed him down:-)

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to ARW, Iggy wrote:
Oh geez, screwed but good AND TWICE! I had a painting helper once that didn't
see and forgot that she only laid the lid on until the next tray refill. She
picked up the can and shook the **** out of it...for half a second. Full head
splat and just looking at me with wide eyes...as I almost peed myself while
rolling around on the floor laughing. She's dead now, so I'm allowed to talk
about it.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...e-1253432-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/11/2017 19:43, ARW wrote:
Just boarded out half the garage roof space for storage and got the
apprentice to put stuff up there.

"Lid fell off"

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:Paint.jpg

It was 4 deg when I hosed him down:-)

On the topic of "comedy paint errors" I can confess to one the other
day. I popped round to a former neighbours to help with a spot of
painting. I took a part used tin of primer with me. When I had finished,
I loaded everything back into a large black sack that was handy and
chucked it in the car. Got home and took it back to the workshop. Its
only when I got as far as the garden gate I realised I was leaving a
trail of white behind me! The lid had popped off the tin of primer when
I took it out of the boot and put it down temporarily on the ground, and
it was now pouring out of a vent hole in the bag.

That reminds me, I had probably go do some more pressure washing!

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/11/2017 10:34, John Rumm wrote:
On 29/11/2017 19:43, ARW wrote:
[...]

Does pressure washing remove oil-based paint ?.

It could have been worse - old fashioned creosote which would
have stunk out your car forever.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/11/2017 19:43, ARW wrote:
[...]

Fortunately its acrylic, and its cold enough it has not really set yet.

It could have been worse - old fashioned creosote which would
have stunk out your car forever.

I was lucky, none came out in the car - think its when I took the bag
out of the boot and put it on the ground it must have popped open.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, November 29, 2017 at 7:43:46 PM UTC, ARW wrote:
Just boarded out half the garage roof space for storage and got the
apprentice to put stuff up there.

"Lid fell off"

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:Paint.jpg

It was 4 deg when I hosed him down:-)

--
Adam

And there was I thinking it was you that could do with the cold shower most of the time
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

Iggy m Wrote in
message:
replying to ARW, Iggy wrote:
Oh geez, screwed but good AND TWICE! I had a painting helper once that didn't
see and forgot that she only laid the lid on until the next tray refill. She
picked up the can and shook the **** out of it...for half a second. Full head
splat and just looking at me with wide eyes...as I almost peed myself while
rolling around on the floor laughing. She's dead now, so I'm allowed to talk
about it.

Lead poisoning?
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/11/2017 19:43, ARW wrote:
[...]

Update to say: the pressure washer did a fine job, removed all traces of
it - it just flaked off when hit up close with the jet. Just needed to
"feather" the edges a bit to avoid having a painfully clean stripe over
the flag stones!

--
Cheers,

John.