Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Fence paint anyone

On 30/11/2017 12:47, Andrew wrote:
On 30/11/2017 10:34, John Rumm wrote:
On 29/11/2017 19:43, ARW wrote:
Just boarded out half the garage roof space for storage and got the
apprentice to put stuff up there.

"Lid fell off"

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:Paint.jpg

It was 4 deg when I hosed him down:-)

On the topic of "comedy paint errors" I can confess to one the other
day. I popped round to a former neighbours to help with a spot of
painting. I took a part used tin of primer with me. When I had
finished, I loaded everything back into a large black sack that was
handy and chucked it in the car. Got home and took it back to the
workshop. Its only when I got as far as the garden gate I realised I
was leaving a trail of white behind me! The lid had popped off the tin
of primer when I took it out of the boot and put it down temporarily
on the ground, and it was now pouring out of a vent hole in the bag.

That reminds me, I had probably go do some more pressure washing!

Does pressure washing remove oil-based paint ?.

Fortunately its acrylic, and its cold enough it has not really set yet.

It could have been worse - old fashioned creosote which would
have stunk out your car forever.

I was lucky, none came out in the car - think its when I took the bag
out of the boot and put it on the ground it must have popped open.

--
Cheers,

John.