Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default a good idea ? ....

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6d/6c...57db42a12c.jpg

Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY NY is offline

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6d/6c...57db42a12c.jpg

Yes - a brilliant idea for making use of what is normally waste space.

I presume the brackets unhook or unscrew for the rare occasions when you
need to work on the plumbing or clean the back recesses under the bath.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 28 Nov 2017 17:24:35 +0000, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6d/6c/

ba/6d6cba1217da7dd4860ee357db42a12c.jpg

Yes, makes use of space that was previously inaccessible. Gets my vote!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6d/6c...57db42a12c.jpg

Disastrous. The large volume of unreachable space behind the bath will
accumulate cobwebs and detritus and the bits you can see will be
impossible to keep clean. The less often it is used the worse it will
get, but however often it is cleaned it will be impossible to do it
properly. The picture is misleading, a real bath is lower and wider at
the bottom than it appears here to be.

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/11/2017 17:28, NY wrote:
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6d/6c...57db42a12c.jpg

Yes - a brilliant idea for making use of what is normally waste space.

I presume the brackets unhook or unscrew for the rare occasions when you
need to work on the plumbing or clean the back recesses under the bath.

I reckon gradual buildup of dirt in the inaccessible regions would be
the down-side.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/11/2017 17:24, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6d/6c...57db42a12c.jpg

Worked very well for Jeremy Corbyn's "friends" in Brighton...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 28 Nov 2017 18:39:54 +0000, newshound
wrote:

On 28/11/2017 17:28, NY wrote:
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6d/6c...57db42a12c.jpg

Yes - a brilliant idea for making use of what is normally waste space.

I presume the brackets unhook or unscrew for the rare occasions when you
need to work on the plumbing or clean the back recesses under the bath.

I reckon gradual buildup of dirt in the inaccessible regions would be
the down-side.

Are you suggesting the 'buildup of dirt' will be more than it would
without the opening sides and if so, where is the dirt coming from?

Also, which of the items being stored there would be affected by said
'dirt'?

I have pulled similar items out from under the kitchen sink that may
not have been touched for years and whilst they may have some dust on
them, it's nothing that can't be wiped off pretty easily before use
(and no one here is going to drag them out regularly to clean them for
no reason). ;-)

Or are we thinking this would be 'wet' dirt, with water coming over
the edge of the bath getting in the gaps around the doors etc?

Maybe the gaps could have seals or drip strips over them? ;-)

I have always considered the space around the bath as wasted but
because it's a corner batch / shower, I'm not sure how easy it would
be to make use of.

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6d/6c...57db42a12c.jpg

yes and it doesn't show the big hole in the flooring where the trap and
drain pipe is where all loose items would gravitate to ............I have
enough trouble finding whisper gray panels in this 100% white world ......

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"JoeJoe" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 28/11/2017 17:24, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6d/6c...57db42a12c.jpg

Worked very well for Jeremy Corbyn's "friends" in Brighton...

what?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

what about this then? .......

http://apartmentgeeks.net/wp-content...Toilet-mod.jpg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ah a picture file very helpful.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6d/6c...57db42a12c.jpg

Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY NY is offline

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
Ah a picture file very helpful.

It's a washing machine, though less deep from front to back than normal,
mounted on the wall roughly where a low-level toilet cistern would be, with
a toilet below it. I wonder if it's intended that the grey water from the
washing machine is stored and used to flush the loo.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 28/11/2017 17:28, NY wrote:
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6d/6c...57db42a12c.jpg

Yes - a brilliant idea for making use of what is normally waste space.

I presume the brackets unhook or unscrew for the rare occasions when you
need to work on the plumbing or clean the back recesses under the bath.

I reckon gradual buildup of dirt in the inaccessible regions would be
the down-side.

Are you suggesting the 'buildup of dirt' will be more than it would
without the opening sides and if so, where is the dirt coming from?

Under my (boxed in) bath and under the floorboards it gets pretty mucky.
Spiders, mice, draughts. (This is a rambling and much-modified old
cottage, not a nice neat square box). But dry.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/11/2017 18:39, newshound wrote:
On 28/11/2017 17:28, NY wrote:
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6d/6c...57db42a12c.jpg

Yes - a brilliant idea for making use of what is normally waste space.

I presume the brackets unhook or unscrew for the rare occasions when
you need to work on the plumbing or clean the back recesses under the
bath.

I reckon gradual buildup of dirt in the inaccessible regions would be
the down-side.

Getting in anf out of the bath will probably result is water entering
the cracks at the top and sides of the doors and I'll bet the doors are
either weetabix chip or MDF.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

NY wrote:
"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
Ah a picture file very helpful.

It's a washing machine, though less deep from front to back than normal,
mounted on the wall roughly where a low-level toilet cistern would be, with
a toilet below it. I wonder if it's intended that the grey water from the
washing machine is stored and used to flush the loo.

No its not. Its a bath with large bottom hinged doors where the normal
bath panels would be that fold out to provide access to storage racks
mounted on the backs of the doors for shampoo, soap etc.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/11/2017 19:53, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
"JoeJoe" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 28/11/2017 17:24, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6d/6c...57db42a12c.jpg

Worked very well for Jeremy Corbyn's "friends" in Brighton...

what?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brighton_hotel_bombing

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 28 Nov 2017 20:43:10 +0000, newshound
wrote:

On 28/11/2017 19:40, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 28 Nov 2017 18:39:54 +0000, newshound
wrote:

snip

I reckon gradual buildup of dirt in the inaccessible regions would be
the down-side.

Are you suggesting the 'buildup of dirt' will be more than it would
without the opening sides and if so, where is the dirt coming from?

Under my (boxed in) bath and under the floorboards it gets pretty mucky.

I've seen that at mums on her upstairs suspended floor bathroom but
after many many years.

Spiders, mice, draughts. (This is a rambling and much-modified old
cottage, not a nice neat square box). But dry.

Ours is ground floor and solid concrete so maybe why I haven't seen
much stuff under there the couple of times I've looked in maybe 30
years.

It did get me thinking of a 'cubby hole' or two, like you sometimes
see in the back of cars or the rear doors on vans etc?

The problem is the bath side is curved so not easy to fit such a stock
cubby hole to. Nothing stopping me moulding my own I guess (in true
DIY fashion). ;-)

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"JoeJoe" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 28/11/2017 19:53, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
"JoeJoe" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 28/11/2017 17:24, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6d/6c...57db42a12c.jpg

Worked very well for Jeremy Corbyn's "friends" in Brighton...

what?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brighton_hotel_bombing

I was requested to call into my local police station as a fellow radio
amateur had anonymously fingered me for being the bomber in '84 ........

Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY NY is offline

"Tim+" wrote in message
NY wrote:
"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
Ah a picture file very helpful.

It's a washing machine, though less deep from front to back than normal,
mounted on the wall roughly where a low-level toilet cistern would be,
with
a toilet below it. I wonder if it's intended that the grey water from the
washing machine is stored and used to flush the loo.

No its not. Its a bath with large bottom hinged doors where the normal
bath panels would be that fold out to provide access to storage racks
mounted on the backs of the doors for shampoo, soap etc.

The picture I was describing was the second one that someone posted a link
to, the wall-mounted washing machine. I thought that was the posting that
Brian was replying to. Earlier in the thread was the picture of the bath
with its sides opened to give access to storage racks.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 29 Nov 2017 08:33:07 -0000
"NY" wrote:

"Tim+" wrote in message
NY wrote:

[...]
[...]
[...]

No its not. Its a bath with large bottom hinged doors where the
normal bath panels would be that fold out to provide access to
storage racks mounted on the backs of the doors for shampoo, soap
etc.

The picture I was describing was the second one that someone posted a
link to, the wall-mounted washing machine. I thought that was the
posting that Brian was replying to. Earlier in the thread was the
picture of the bath with its sides opened to give access to storage
racks.

It was pretty obvious which image he was referring to, because he
quoted the URL in his post.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6d/6c...57db42a12c.jpg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rob Morley" wrote in message
On Wed, 29 Nov 2017 08:33:07 -0000
"NY" wrote:

"Tim+" wrote in message
NY wrote:

[...]
[...]
[...]

No its not. Its a bath with large bottom hinged doors where the
normal bath panels would be that fold out to provide access to
storage racks mounted on the backs of the doors for shampoo, soap
etc.

The picture I was describing was the second one that someone posted a
link to, the wall-mounted washing machine. I thought that was the
posting that Brian was replying to. Earlier in the thread was the
picture of the bath with its sides opened to give access to storage
racks.

It was pretty obvious which image he was referring
to, because he quoted the URL in his post.

Too radical by far.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6d/6c...57db42a12c.jpg

Water Heater Flushing: Good idea or bad idea? VQ Home Repair 16 November 20th 17 04:14 AM
Good Idea / Bad Idea - Weird Idea Bob La Londe[_7_] Woodworking 2 June 3rd 14 05:47 AM
Lowering Lathe Speeds With A Rheostadt. OK idea? Bad idea? KIMOSABE Woodworking 7 February 19th 09 05:30 PM
Good Idea - Bad Idea Carl Metalworking 0 December 16th 08 04:56 PM
Brilliant Idea or Dumb Idea charlie b Woodturning 10 September 24th 06 03:18 PM