Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default a good idea ? ....

On Tue, 28 Nov 2017 20:43:10 +0000, newshound
wrote:

On 28/11/2017 19:40, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 28 Nov 2017 18:39:54 +0000, newshound
wrote:

snip

I reckon gradual buildup of dirt in the inaccessible regions would be
the down-side.

Are you suggesting the 'buildup of dirt' will be more than it would
without the opening sides and if so, where is the dirt coming from?

Under my (boxed in) bath and under the floorboards it gets pretty mucky.

I've seen that at mums on her upstairs suspended floor bathroom but
after many many years.

Spiders, mice, draughts. (This is a rambling and much-modified old
cottage, not a nice neat square box). But dry.

Ours is ground floor and solid concrete so maybe why I haven't seen
much stuff under there the couple of times I've looked in maybe 30
years.

It did get me thinking of a 'cubby hole' or two, like you sometimes
see in the back of cars or the rear doors on vans etc?

The problem is the bath side is curved so not easy to fit such a stock
cubby hole to. Nothing stopping me moulding my own I guess (in true
DIY fashion). ;-)

Cheers, T i m