Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default SM miracle

We have just switched from First Utility to Bristol Energy and the
suggestions were that our SM's would no longer work as SM's - today in
fact.

The indications so far, are that the SM's are continuing to work. The
indoor display shows messages saying welcome to BE and they are this
time showing an eventual bill estimate. On our last switch, OVO to FU
they ended up having to swap the SM's to restore operation.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

You have too many protocols designed to be s incompatible as possible but
every so often you find two companies that share the same one.
I've given up on smart meters till they get their act together, up until
June this year EDF were telling me thayt the Economy 7 software was not
ready, not they are telling me they are not fitting any more till the
industry agrees on the new protocol etc, and I sit here wondering if any of
them actually talk to the regulator who puts out adverts about smart meters
and sends us blindies info that talking remote units are now available when
no energy company has in fact bought any.

Considering its the age of communication, there is precious little of it
evedent in the power supply industry.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
news
We have just switched from First Utility to Bristol Energy and the
suggestions were that our SM's would no longer work as SM's - today in
fact.

The indications so far, are that the SM's are continuing to work. The
indoor display shows messages saying welcome to BE and they are this time
showing an eventual bill estimate. On our last switch, OVO to FU they
ended up having to swap the SM's to restore operation.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 06 Nov 2017 10:26:28 GMT, Harry Bloomfield
coalesced the vapors of human
experience into a viable and meaningful comprehension...

We have just switched from First Utility to Bristol Energy and the
suggestions were that our SM's would no longer work as SM's - today in
fact.

The indications so far, are that the SM's are continuing to work. The
indoor display shows messages saying welcome to BE and they are this
time showing an eventual bill estimate. On our last switch, OVO to FU
they ended up having to swap the SM's to restore operation.

Smartmeters saved me a packet. When Npower sent me a letter to say
they were coming to fit them, I immediately changed supplier to one
who wasn't yet offering them. As I hadn't switched for some time the
saving was very significant.

What features of smartmeters are so enticing to you anyway?

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

It's a miracle!!! Cliff Metalworking 0 April 19th 06 01:49 PM
Miracle pitch, gum, sawdust etc... remover mark Woodworking 11 February 8th 06 07:15 PM
anyone using the Miracle garage door openers? dean Home Repair 7 September 13th 05 11:15 PM
Any miracle product to remove mildew from caulk in shower? Dolchas Home Repair 12 December 17th 04 03:47 AM
202GF, A miracle glue?! toller Woodworking 55 July 7th 04 02:19 AM