Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default SM miracle

You have too many protocols designed to be s incompatible as possible but
every so often you find two companies that share the same one.
I've given up on smart meters till they get their act together, up until
June this year EDF were telling me thayt the Economy 7 software was not
ready, not they are telling me they are not fitting any more till the
industry agrees on the new protocol etc, and I sit here wondering if any of
them actually talk to the regulator who puts out adverts about smart meters
and sends us blindies info that talking remote units are now available when
no energy company has in fact bought any.

Considering its the age of communication, there is precious little of it
evedent in the power supply industry.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
news
We have just switched from First Utility to Bristol Energy and the
suggestions were that our SM's would no longer work as SM's - today in
fact.

The indications so far, are that the SM's are continuing to work. The
indoor display shows messages saying welcome to BE and they are this time
showing an eventual bill estimate. On our last switch, OVO to FU they
ended up having to swap the SM's to restore operation.