Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default I am so happy - Central Heating wiring :)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx...EpzZlREdEJnTUk

Not complete yet - 2 UFH zones to add, bit of tidying, and 4 conductors
to pull through to the boiler.

DIN connectors are Wago Topjobs. Relays Omron 10A (not quiet, but very
solid).

And boy, working with "singles" is so much more fun than ******* T+E - I
****ing hate T+E, worst cable every invented....

With any luck, will have the boiler running Thursday - hooray...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx...EpzZlREdEJnTUk

Not complete yet - 2 UFH zones to add, bit of tidying, and 4 conductors to
pull through to the boiler.

DIN connectors are Wago Topjobs. Relays Omron 10A (not quiet, but very
solid).

And boy, working with "singles" is so much more fun than ******* T+E - I
****ing hate T+E, worst cable every invented....

With any luck, will have the boiler running Thursday - hooray...

that's nice ...... winter is coming

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 31 October 2017 21:56:21 UTC, Tim Watts wrote:
Not complete yet - 2 UFH zones to add, bit of tidying, and 4 conductors
to pull through to the boiler.

.... scrape the barcode label off the elbow ...

With any luck, will have the boiler running Thursday - hooray...

You'll be able to have a wash!

Personally I think I'd have used panel mount neon indicators on the lid of the relay box.

Did you do the plumbing as well?

Owain
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
And boy, working with "singles" is so much more fun than ******* T+E - I
****ing hate T+E, worst cable every invented....

Are you using conduit, or double insulated singles?

--
*If horrific means to make horrible, does terrific mean to make terrible?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 1 November 2017 10:02:24 UTC, T i m wrote:
... scrape the barcode label off the elbow ...

I generally leave them on as then I know exactly what is was when I
need to get another. ;-)

Leave it on the inside of the inspection lid?

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/10/2017 21:56, Tim Watts wrote:

And boy, working with "singles" is so much more fun than ******* T+E - I
****ing hate T+E, worst cable every invented....

Do you plan to insulate the pipes to keep down the room temperature?

PS

Please get the apprentice to clean the label off the inspection bend,
it'll only get grubby

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 1 November 2017 17:34:28 UTC, T i m wrote:
Leave it on the inside of the inspection lid?

You could but would you look in there before going off to find a
replacement?

I would if I knew that's where I'd put it in the first place!

Or you could put all the labels, invoices etc for all the parts in a project file and keep them all together somewhere safe.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Very nice - you must be very satisfied.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/10/2017 21:56, Tim Watts wrote:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx...EpzZlREdEJnTUk

Not complete yet - 2 UFH zones to add, bit of tidying, and 4 conductors
to pull through to the boiler.

DIN connectors are Wago Topjobs. Relays Omron 10A (not quiet, but very
solid).

And boy, working with "singles" is so much more fun than ******* T+E - I
****ing hate T+E, worst cable every invented....

Try using LSOH cable of any form before you say that again:-)

T&E LSOH is twice the *******.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/11/17 19:59, ARW wrote:
On 31/10/2017 21:56, Tim Watts wrote:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx...EpzZlREdEJnTUk

Not complete yet - 2 UFH zones to add, bit of tidying, and 4
conductors to pull through to the boiler.

DIN connectors are Wago Topjobs. Relays Omron 10A (not quiet, but very
solid).

And boy, working with "singles" is so much more fun than ******* T+E -
I ****ing hate T+E, worst cable every invented....

Try using LSOH cable of any form before you say that again:-)

T&E LSOH is twice the *******.

I wonder if the sparky who did my lighting used that? He said "mind if I
use up some white?" Anyway, I was adjusting a bit the other day for
plumbing reasons, and noticed it seemed much stiffer and spingier than
normal...