Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New kitchens

They say what goes around comes around Rod speed. I hope ( am sure) one day you too will be cast off as useless and stupid.

Meanwhile I have checked Which? and many web sites and found most say B& Q kitchens are generally not good. Lots of problems like mine. Next to Homebase, rated badly.

I maybe stupid but clearly a lot of people share my stupidity.

Or maybe its just you who is stupid?

You do not need to answer my queries. Thanks.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, October 26, 2017 at 12:22:32 AM UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
sweetheart wrote
Rod Speed wrote
sweetheart wrote
Andy Burns wrote

Because he was a liability.

and pregnant women arent of course - nor do they cost a firm a lot of money.... but thats a different sort of stupid.

They just wanted a couple of pretty girlies,

No, its not sexist. When its girls they are hiring its called affirmative action.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Clearly AWR and Rod Speed have a problem with me and rather than just not answer they are going to bombard the thread with silly remarks - clearly to get rid of me. Thats nasty and it its probably bullying too. It is certainly hurtful

But I get it, this is the "Boys club".

Thanks to others for the advice. I will see what I can get OH to do. Several good suggestions to consider. Thanks again.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

sweetheart Wrote in message:
Clearly AWR and Rod Speed have a problem with me and rather than just not answer they are going to bombard the thread with silly remarks - clearly to get rid of me. Thats nasty and it its probably bullying too. It is certainly hurtful

But I get it, this is the "Boys club".

Where is "feelya" Pamelia anyway?
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

sweetheart wrote

Or maybe its just you who is stupid?

Nope, you two. Too stupid to fix what the problem is.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

sweetheart wrote

Clearly AWR and Rod Speed have a problem with me

Nope, just with stupids as stupid as you two.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

jim k wrote

Where is "feelya" Pamelia anyway?

Still down the brothel where she belongs.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
sweetheart wrote:
Meanwhile I have checked Which? and many web sites and found most say B&
Q kitchens are generally not good. Lots of problems like mine. Next to
Homebase, rated badly.

Thing with any kitchen is how well it is installed, as well as how well
made.

Someone having a kitchen fitted likely isn't going to be in a position to
determine which caused any problems.

--
*No husband has ever been shot while doing the dishes *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/10/2017 20:03, ARW wrote:
On 24/10/2017 11:38, sweetheart wrote:

Â* Yes, OK, I was asking about hinges last week,Â* so having got one
cabinet hinge fixed it seems the rest of the kitchen is slowly falling
apart. .....

Much as I do not want the disruption, I may need to get a new kitchen.

I dont want to change the design. It was w3ell done all those years
ago by RAM. I have looked up lots of kitchens and consulted Which? but
I am not convinced. Surely these kitchens areÂ* nearly all made by one
company really and sold by different brands? So, who makes them?

Can anyone suggest good quality for money here?Â* I have a B&Q
replacement set of drawers that started to fall apart withing months
of my getting them.

Which? are suggesting IKEA but thats out as there isnt one within 100
miles of me. My choices are : Wicks, Howdens ( apparently they have a
place nearby I found out yesterday - saw the bigÂ* lorry pulling in),
Magnet, Homebase, .... and B&Q.

Or an online company?

Thanks for relevant suggestionsÂ* (AWR appears be too busy running over
cyclistsÂ* to make a useful suggestion, so thanks to all others).

I always have the time to make a suggestion for you sweetcheeks.

Today's suggestion is a granite worktop.

Homemade shuttered and polished concrete surely ?.

Should resist the mould that seems to be endemic in that house.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/10/2017 06:02, sweetheart wrote:

They say what goes around comes around Rod speed. I hope ( am sure) one day you too will be cast off as useless and stupid.

Meanwhile I have checked Which? and many web sites and found most say B& Q kitchens are generally not good. Lots of problems like mine. Next to Homebase, rated badly.

Homebase have new owners and a new range.

I wonder if the difference in ratings is more to do with the
installation rather than the quality of the carcasses, doors, worktops etc.

Perhaps the products form certain retailers are used by the DIYer
whereas the products from another retailer are fitted by someone who
does it for a living.

Fail to seal anything against water ingress and the chipboard that most
of these kitchens are constructed from will turn to Weetabix. Fail to
add that bit of extra glue or fail to screw one carcass to its neighbour
and life expectancy may be lowered. How many pieces are discarded for
awkward pipe runs etc. without extra strengthening being substituted?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
In article , alan_m
wrote:

Fail to seal anything against water ingress and the chipboard that most
of these kitchens are constructed from will turn to Weetabix.

Any half-decent installer should know this.

They may well know it, but fail to take the time to do everything
properly. Same as so much else these days with most going for the lowest
possible price, and wanting it finished by yesterday.

--
*If I throw a stick, will you leave?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"sweetheart" wrote in message
On Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at 9:19:53 AM UTC+1, DerbyBorn wrote:
nothing but they didnt want to see that.

But he isnt stupid. I know the drawer unit has problems even if I
cannot explain why they are. Instability of the whole unit ( maybe
because it needs a kick board) is one. That leads to the drawers
being out of alignment and then the middle one drops out.

A kick board is not structural - they clip onto the legs usually. I
expect
the feet need adjusting.

First thing he did was adjust feet. Hasnt ever worked ( done it several
times).

Must be really stupid if he couldnt get it right the first time.

No wonder he got the bums rush.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"GB" wrote in message
news
In article ,
sweetheart wrote:
It isnt really the doors or the cabinet carcass. Its the hinges. There
are no suitable replacements. The Blum ones didnt really fit and were
difficult to get on anyway.

Can you take a pic of an original and post a link here?

I'm not an expert on kitchens, but would be surprised if they were
specially made for just that kitchen supplier.

The lady wants a new kitchen. Why spoil it for her with unwanted
solutions?

Because they both are too stupid to get a viable new one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 26/10/2017 06:02, sweetheart wrote:

They say what goes around comes around Rod speed. I hope ( am sure) one day you too will be cast off as useless and stupid.

Meanwhile I have checked Which? and many web sites and found most say B& Q kitchens are generally not good. Lots of problems like mine. Next to Homebase, rated badly.

I maybe stupid but clearly a lot of people share my stupidity.

Or maybe its just you who is stupid?

You do not need to answer my queries. Thanks.

I wouldn't worry too much about Rod, Sweetheart. He's a bit of a prat.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 26/10/2017 06:10, sweetheart wrote:
Clearly AWR and Rod Speed have a problem with me and rather than just not answer they are going to bombard the thread with silly remarks - clearly to get rid of me. Thats nasty and it its probably bullying too. It is certainly hurtful

But I get it, this is the "Boys club".

Yes, it is. And it's got a specifically problem-solving outlook. If you
say your drawers aren't right, they'll try really quite hard to help you
repair them. They are less good at being sympathetic that you have bad
drawers.

Thanks to others for the advice. I will see what I can get OH to do. Several good suggestions to consider. Thanks again.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/10/2017 15:51, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
sweetheart submitted this idea :
Lucky you. Wish mine had lasted. Every time I open it the middle
drawer falls off its rollers. Oh tried to fix but told me it* was
plain naff.

Many drawers are cheap, delicate and nasty. If the fronts are OK, mine
were, you can buy much more solid ones, for not a lot on Ebay. I bought
some with steel sides, back and with a really solid base. The ones we
had were a fragile plastic, with a thin ply base. Her indoors soon broke
them with the sheer weight in them and ramming them shut.

+1
Thin ply base? The ones I replaced were more like a thin pressed paper
base that once discarded in the garden dissolved with the first drop of
rain!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

sweetheart submitted this idea :

Lucky you. Wish mine had lasted. Every time I open it the middle drawer falls
off its rollers. Oh tried to fix but told me it was plain naff.

Many drawers are cheap, delicate and nasty. If the fronts are OK, mine
were, you can buy much more solid ones, for not a lot on Ebay. I bought
some with steel sides, back and with a really solid base.

That's why my B&Q ones have lasted, they came with the metal drawers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 26 Oct 2017 19:38:09 +0100, GB
wrote:

Yes, it is. And it's got a specifically problem-solving outlook. If you
say your drawers aren't right, they'll try really quite hard to help you
repair them. They are less good at being sympathetic that you have bad
drawers.

Saying that about Sweerhearts drawers is getting a bit personal isn't
it.

G.Harman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/10/2017 19:51, Andy Burns wrote:

That's why my B&Q ones have lasted, they came with the metal drawers.

B&Q have two kitchen drawers - one at £11 and one at £33 (including
runners but excluding drawer fronts)

The the more expensive ones have metal sides and a 12mm thick base.

I'll bet the ones with negative reviews are the £11 version.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
alan_m wrote:
Many drawers are cheap, delicate and nasty. If the fronts are OK, mine
were, you can buy much more solid ones, for not a lot on Ebay. I
bought some with steel sides, back and with a really solid base. The
ones we had were a fragile plastic, with a thin ply base. Her indoors
soon broke them with the sheer weight in them and ramming them shut.

+1 Thin ply base? The ones I replaced were more like a thin pressed
paper base that once discarded in the garden dissolved with the first
drop of rain!

Often hardboard. Plywood reserved for the luxury model.

--
*We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Harry Bloomfield wrote:

sweetheart submitted this idea :

Lucky you. Wish mine had lasted. Every time I open it the middle drawer falls
off its rollers. Oh tried to fix but told me it was plain naff.

Many drawers are cheap, delicate and nasty. If the fronts are OK, mine
were, you can buy much more solid ones, for not a lot on Ebay. I bought
some with steel sides, back and with a really solid base.

That's why my B&Q ones have lasted, they came with the metal drawers.

Mine are sort of extruded PVC, to which I added proper roller bearing
telescopic runners. So you can open a drawer fully.

--
*Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere may be happy.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Fitted Kitchens UK, Best Rate in Fitted Kitchens, Bespoke FittedFurniture fittedkitchenuk Home Repair 0 June 5th 10 03:09 PM
NEW KITCHEN - SUPPLY AND FITTING - County Kitchens Thelma Loveett UK diy 3 March 28th 05 10:04 PM
B&Q Kitchens jaime UK diy 43 April 21st 04 03:15 PM
Stone worktops in kitchens Seamus Mc Loughlin UK diy 12 October 1st 03 07:20 AM
arena kitchens IMM UK diy 2 July 14th 03 07:45 PM