Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Not having a good day

On Wednesday, 25 October 2017 11:46:23 UTC+1, dennis@home wrote:
On 25/10/2017 07:57, wrote:
*jogging* ?

blind people jog and even run marathons.

Yes, but usually with a guide runner so they don't run in front of Adam's car.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 24 October 2017 23:20:30 UTC+1, Bob Eager wrote:
On Tue, 24 Oct 2017 22:48:53 +0100, Steve Walker wrote:

That has struck me about these black boxes. They make sense for someone
who has no driving history, but once you have a few years no-claims uder
your belt, surely how and when you drive is immaterial, as you have
demonstrated that you are driving within the abilities of both yourself
and your vehicle.

I'd certainly not want to be charged more because I corner a bit fast,
accelerate or brake hard, drive at rush hour and in all weather
conditions, etc. when I've been driving for 34 years, averaging 20,000+
miles per year for most of that (50,000+ for a few years) and have only
had 2 claims - both recorded as 100% the other driver's fault.

My son has been driving for about 20 months (well, driving his own car).
Until last month he had a black box, and then he changed his car (third
one he's owned) to a BMW 5 series. They wouldn't insure him. Found
another reputable company who would, for little more than he'd paid for a
3 series with the box!

He said they were hassling him amyway, because late every night (about 1
am) he goes out for a drive, and then takes his girlfriend home. No
problem with his driving, just the late nights.

maybe they detected a lot of vibration in the car while it was stationary in a car park and they assumed he'd parked in an area prone to earthquakes ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/10/2017 05:12, Rod Speed wrote:

wrote in message
On Tuesday, 24 October 2017 21:50:51 UTC+1, ARWÂ* wrote:
Do I get extra points for mentioning that the other person I ran over
was a jogger?
I'll still have to put my hands up to that one been my fault.

How was it your fault unless you were driving on the pavement?

It was a blind pedestrian on a Pelican crossing, again.

Well it was not my fault when I got run over on a zebra crossing with a
lollipop woman stood on it some years ago on my way to school:-)

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/10/2017 23:20, Bob Eager wrote:
[...]

One of the apprentices was told that he was doing too many short
journeys and that it was not good for the environment. Actually his Mum
had just had on operation and he was running her around in an evening as
and when she needed a lift.

He did get a couple of warnings about speeding.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/10/2017 21:50, bert wrote:
In article , ARW
writes
On 23/10/2017 22:20, GB wrote:
On 23/10/2017 19:43, ARW wrote:
I have managed to run two people over today.
Â*Is a good day for you when you only run one person over?

In 30 years of driving I have never accidentally run anyone over until
today. I aimed for the rest of them.

Bloody hell Good job I've never met you on the road. I drive on the
basis that no-one else will deliberately drive into me. Works quite well
in a LR Defender.

But in that case you are neither a pedestrian or a cyclist.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/10/2017 21:49, ARW wrote:
On 23/10/2017 21:14, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
ARW wrote:
On 23/10/2017 20:13, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
ARW wrote:
I have managed to run two people over today.

I'll have to take the blame for the first one one matter how daft
she was. As least she was not hurt.

Second one not my problem - and he needs a new bike and a change of
underwear. And also not hurt.

Did you really knock a silly cyclist off his silly bicycle?
If so, I take back all the things I've said about you.
You could become one of my heroes.

Twas a child (well a young teenager) on a bike with no lights that
rode straight out of a driveway in front of me.

The bike is ****ed[1] but he will survive for another day.

[1] Scudo 1 Bicycle 0

I detest All cyclists.
I hope that your van was not damaged and that you did not lose too much
time.
If you stopped the scum parents will try for a bit of compo.

Top tip. Next time a cyclist **** tries to pass you on the pavement at
high speed, ram an umbrella through it's spokes.

If he is coming towards you and expects you to avoid him, just move
towards the inner edge of the pavement (to stop him swerving that
way) and hold your brolly up horizontally and pointing right at
his eyes.

Then it's a case of who blinks first (or in his case who blinks
last).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote

I read somewhere that only 20% of the population use buses,
If so why do we devote all those bus lanes to this minority ?
So given that 20% use buses how minute a percentage use
bicycles so why in heavens name is squillions being spent
on road facilities for users who pay no road tax or even fuel
tax, and make no attept to obey the rules of the road ?

You can run the same line about footpaths too.

Then you get those ****s trotting out the numbers of cyclists
injured in road accidents, the implication being its all the big bad
motorists fault. I would like to see an analysis of those statistics
detailing how many of the accidents were the cyclists fault.

Problem is that it isnt normally feasible to work out who is at fault
without
it being a quite expensive exercise that ****s the traffic flow while it
happens.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/10/2017 09:11, Nightjar wrote:

There are several videos on YouTube of people, usually cyclists or
motorcyclists, walking away after being knocked over by lorries that
pass straight over them.

I think the best one is the guy standing next to an artic and second
trailer when it gets sideswiped by a train at a level crossing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUxCglcdSik
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/10/2017 07:57, wrote:
*jogging* ?

blind people jog and even run marathons.

Yes, but usually with a guide runner so they don't run in front of Adam's
car.

He just runs them both over deliberately, particularly on pelican crossings.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

news

wrote in message
On Tuesday, 24 October 2017 21:50:51 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
Do I get extra points for mentioning that the other person I ran over
was a jogger?
I'll still have to put my hands up to that one been my fault.

How was it your fault unless you were driving on the pavement?

It was a blind pedestrian on a Pelican crossing, again.

Well it was not my fault when I got run over on a zebra crossing with a
lollipop woman stood on it some years ago on my way to school:-)

Yeah, revenge is a dish best eaten cold.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/10/2017 11:26, Jethro_uk wrote:

SWMBO is a very conscientious buggy driver (and hers only does 4mph). But
I keep thinking we'll have to enjoy it while we can, because some of the
****ing morons I have see screaming down the pavement at 8mph are going
to kill someone one day. At which point it'll be the banhammer for *all*
users.

If it does 8mph it isn't allowed on the pavement so report them.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

As stated here http://tinyurl.com/ychspo5x

--
Jim S
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Huge
writes
On 2017-10-24, bert wrote:
In article , Brian Gaff
writes
If you could target those for whom red lights mean nothing since they nip on
the curb and round the corner scattering pedestrians as they do so. I think
it will not be very long now before all pedal cycles will have to have
registration numbers and insurance.

Well they should have insurance anyway. After all if they are at fault
they can be sued just like drivers of mobility scooters.

Good luck finding out who they are, once they've ridden off.

Hopefully they won't be able to ride off.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article om,
"dennis@home" writes
On 25/10/2017 11:26, Jethro_uk wrote:

SWMBO is a very conscientious buggy driver (and hers only does 4mph). But
I keep thinking we'll have to enjoy it while we can, because some of the
****ing morons I have see screaming down the pavement at 8mph are going
to kill someone one day. At which point it'll be the banhammer for *all*
users.

If it does 8mph it isn't allowed on the pavement so report them.

Not quite true. It must be switched into 4mph mode on the pavement
Class 3 vehicles are those with an upper speed limit of 8 mph (12 km/h)
and are equipped to be used on the road as well as the pavement.
--
bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

So much for allowing 1.5m when passing cyclists, wish the same applied to them when passing stationary traffic. A
Lycra Lunatic must have passed me with 1.5" to spare, he then went through a red light weaving through traffic turning right on a filter!

Where were you Adam when you were needed?

Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
Tricky Dicky wrote:

So much for allowing 1.5m when passing cyclists, wish the same
applied to them when passing stationary traffic. A Lycra Lunatic
must have passed me with 1.5" to spare, ...

I had one of those a few months ago, when passing through a
neighbouring village where it's narrow due to parking. Normally the
one direction with right-of-way passes through, and the other waits.
No major problem. I was going in the right-of-way direction, when this
lout doing a time trial came the other way and left 1.5" to my right.

I thought racing on the public highway was a criminal offence, or is
this another area where the louts get a free pass?

Uninsured, untrained, unregistered, unaccountable, unemployable cyclists do
as they please.
Make sure your screen wash bottle is full and give the road lice a gob full
as you pass them. I Always do this on the rare occasions that the scum are
actually on the road.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/10/2017 18:29, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:
news

wrote in message
On Tuesday, 24 October 2017 21:50:51 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
Do I get extra points for mentioning that the other person I ran
over was a jogger?
I'll still have to put my hands up to that one been my fault.

How was it your fault unless you were driving on the pavement?

It was a blind pedestrian on a Pelican crossing, again.

Well it was not my fault when I got run over on a zebra crossing
with a lollipop woman stood on it some years ago on my way to
school:-)

Yeah, revenge is a dish best eaten cold.

Served cold.

:-)

Mind you the words "Gregg's pasties" spring to mind.

--
Adam