Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default R. Cott. 26

Right. Floor heating pipe ready for screeders!

Next issue is fixed load (kitchen units) on 18mm chip over 40mm PIR
foam.
The heating system suppliers recommend stiffening the floor (insert
suitable batten) where the load will bear. Kitchen designers pooh pooh
this as unnecessary. The kitchen units are on site so not impossible to
measure. Not actually feet but a circular bearer near each corner of a
600mm unit.

Any thoughts?
--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Tim Lamb
writes
Right. Floor heating pipe ready for screeders!

Next issue is fixed load (kitchen units) on 18mm chip over 40mm PIR
foam.
The heating system suppliers recommend stiffening the floor (insert
suitable batten) where the load will bear. Kitchen designers pooh pooh
this as unnecessary. The kitchen units are on site so not impossible to
measure. Not actually feet but a circular bearer near each corner of a
600mm unit.

Scrub that last bit. I think it will have normal screw in feet!

Any thoughts?

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Lamb wrote:

Next issue is fixed load (kitchen units) on 18mm chip over 40mm PIR
foam.

Scrub that last bit. I think it will have normal screw in feet!

This sort of thing?

https://screwfix.com/p/kitchen-plinth-feet/36145

Given that they manage not to dig in to the 18mm weetabix of cabinets,
why would they dig in to an 18mm weetabix floor?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/10/2017 19:30, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Tim Lamb
writes
Right. Floor heating pipe ready for screeders!

Next issue is fixed load (kitchen units) on 18mm chip over 40mm PIR foam.
The heating system suppliers recommend stiffening the floor (insert
suitable batten) where the load will bear. Kitchen designers pooh pooh
this as unnecessary. The kitchen units are on site so not impossible
to measure. Not actually feet but a circular bearer near each corner
of a 600mm unit.

Scrub that last bit. I think it will have normal screw in feet!

Any thoughts?

Straight on to chip? Not vinyl or tile?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Andy Burns
writes
Tim Lamb wrote:

Next issue is fixed load (kitchen units) on 18mm chip over 40mm PIR
foam.

Scrub that last bit. I think it will have normal screw in feet!

This sort of thing?

https://screwfix.com/p/kitchen-plinth-feet/36145

Similar.

Given that they manage not to dig in to the 18mm weetabix of cabinets,
why would they dig in to an 18mm weetabix floor?

Well.. the cabinet feet are positioned near the corners so have some
rigidity provided by the sides. The floor is supported uniformly. To be
fair, the designers were probably assuming expanded polystyrene rather
than PIR but I'm not sure there is much difference.

--
Tim Lamb

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ,
newshound writes
On 08/10/2017 19:30, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Tim Lamb
writes
Right. Floor heating pipe ready for screeders!

Next issue is fixed load (kitchen units) on 18mm chip over 40mm PIR foam.
The heating system suppliers recommend stiffening the floor (insert
suitable batten) where the load will bear. Kitchen designers pooh
pooh this as unnecessary. The kitchen units are on site so not
impossible to measure. Not actually feet but a circular bearer near
each corner of a 600mm unit.

Scrub that last bit. I think it will have normal screw in feet!

Any thoughts?

Straight on to chip? Not vinyl or tile?

Prolly vinyl. Definitely not ceramic tile. Boss wants some fancy long
length parquet she saw in Paris! I want something that will conduct heat
reasonably well after it has struggled through the chip.

--
Tim Lamb

R. Cott. 15 Tim Lamb[_2_] UK diy 9 June 21st 17 02:49 PM
R. Cott 14 Tim Lamb[_2_] UK diy 3 June 11th 17 09:26 PM
R. Cott. 13 (thermostats) Tim Lamb[_2_] UK diy 6 March 25th 17 02:24 PM
R. Cott. 13 Tim Lamb[_2_] UK diy 4 February 13th 17 01:17 AM
R. Cott. 12 Tim Lamb[_2_] UK diy 52 January 15th 17 12:15 PM