Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default R. Cott. 13 (thermostats)

Anyone come across a modestly priced, low hysteresis thermostat with
remote sensing for bathroom use?

A downside to underfloor heating is the individual controls needed for
each circuit.

Yes. I have considered conventional outside the zones.
--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 24 March 2017 12:33:44 UTC, Tim Lamb wrote:
Anyone come across a modestly priced, low hysteresis thermostat with
remote sensing for bathroom use?

Hmmmm....

£35 from ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Underfloor...-/230835527355

or for a traditional one

https://www.heatingcontrolsonline.co...tat-p-695.html

£20 thermostat, £20 remote sensor (air or probe)

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ,
writes
On Friday, 24 March 2017 12:33:44 UTC, Tim Lamb wrote:
Anyone come across a modestly priced, low hysteresis thermostat with
remote sensing for bathroom use?

Hmmmm....

£35 from ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Underfloor...th-Floor-Probe
-/230835527355

or for a traditional one

https://www.heatingcontrolsonline.co...-21.html/tradi
tional-thermostats-c-21_32.html/seitron-taes13mc-room-thermostat-p-695.h
tml

£20 thermostat, £20 remote sensor (air or probe)

Yeah! £40.00 seems to be the going rate. I need 3 :-(

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/03/17 12:33, Tim Lamb wrote:
Anyone come across a modestly priced, low hysteresis thermostat with
remote sensing for bathroom use?

A downside to underfloor heating is the individual controls needed for
each circuit.

Yes. I have considered conventional outside the zones.

surely any radio stat will do?

--
"If you dont read the news paper, you are un-informed. If you read the
news paper, you are mis-informed."

Mark Twain
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes
On 24/03/17 12:33, Tim Lamb wrote:
Anyone come across a modestly priced, low hysteresis thermostat with
remote sensing for bathroom use?

A downside to underfloor heating is the individual controls needed for
each circuit.

Yes. I have considered conventional outside the zones.

surely any radio stat will do?

Wiring already laid in from the manifolds and at my age I am trying to
avoid routine battery changing responsibilities.

--
Tim Lamb

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 24 March 2017 16:56:18 UTC, Tim Lamb wrote:
Yeah! £40.00 seems to be the going rate. I need 3 :-(

On the assumption that they contain a thermistor as internal sensor, and the external sensor is just a thermistor in a bit of encapsulating stuff, could you remove and mount the internal themistor remotely?

http://inspectapedia.com/electric/Thermistors.php

Or make your own

http://www.craig.copperleife.com/tech/thermo/

Footnote says could work down to 5 volt with a resistor change, and this would enable it to work from an adjacent mains/USB charging socket

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ,
writes
On Friday, 24 March 2017 16:56:18 UTC, Tim Lamb wrote:
Yeah! £40.00 seems to be the going rate. I need 3 :-(

On the assumption that they contain a thermistor as internal sensor,
and the external sensor is just a thermistor in a bit of encapsulating
stuff, could you remove and mount the internal themistor remotely?

http://inspectapedia.com/electric/Thermistors.php

Or make your own

http://www.craig.copperleife.com/tech/thermo/

Footnote says could work down to 5 volt with a resistor change, and
this would enable it to work from an adjacent mains/USB charging socket

Umm... I was an apprentice when thermistors came on the market:-(

The remote sensor is not the expensive bit. Heatmiser remote air sensor
probe is £4.95 although you can pay another £4.95 for a plastic
enclosure.

Workwise, I am flat out getting ready for the plasterer!

I assume the heating manifolds will require a remote contact closure
rather than a supply change.

--
Tim Lamb

R. Cott. 13 Tim Lamb[_2_] UK diy 4 February 13th 17 01:17 AM
R. Cott. 12 Tim Lamb[_2_] UK diy 52 January 15th 17 12:15 PM
CH thermostats Stephen[_6_] UK diy 20 March 31st 09 10:58 PM
Two thermostats TheOldFellow UK diy 1 March 13th 08 06:59 PM
Two, yes two thermostats. kibbleman Home Repair 9 November 15th 05 02:54 PM