Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Two thermostats

I want to add a second thermostat to my oil CH. I want an 'or'
function between them: if either T1 or T2 calls for heat - run the
boiler until neither calls.

As I see it thermostats are switches so just wiring them in parallel
should do the job. Or have I missed something?

R.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

TheOldFellow wrote:
I want to add a second thermostat to my oil CH. I want an 'or'
function between them: if either T1 or T2 calls for heat - run the
boiler until neither calls.

As I see it thermostats are switches so just wiring them in parallel
should do the job. Or have I missed something?

R.

In principle you are correct. You might experience some unexpected
effect on the hysteresis of each stat due to the accelerator heaters in
the stats esp. if they are older style bi-metal types. If this causes
you a problem then use each stat to operate a relay and 'or' the relay
contacts.
hth
Bob

Thermostats again Budgie UK diy 8 November 29th 06 08:52 PM
Wireless thermostats [email protected] UK diy 6 November 2nd 06 02:18 PM
Heating Thermostats Charles Middleton UK diy 1 February 21st 06 12:34 PM
Two, yes two thermostats. kibbleman Home Repair 9 November 15th 05 02:54 PM
replacing thermostats HvacTech2 Home Repair 3 September 28th 04 10:52 PM