carrol

Default replacing thermostats

I have an old system which does not tell which wire is which. There
are six wires coming from the wall. I want to install a programable
thermostat but don't know which wires go where. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!
SQLit

"carrol" wrote in message
m...
I have an old system which does not tell which wire is which. There
are six wires coming from the wall. I want to install a programable
thermostat but don't know which wires go where. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

The T-stat should have an wiring diagram. Just match the colors.

---

Jimmie

"carrol" wrote in message
m...
I have an old system which does not tell which wire is which. There
are six wires coming from the wall. I want to install a programable
thermostat but don't know which wires go where. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Terminals on the old tsat should be marked with letters, R.G,W,etc. Tis may
correspond to the color of the wires but then again maybe not. connect the
wire that was on the W terminal to the W on the new Tsat R tp R and so on.
Check that things will work out right before you start moving wires