Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Melted

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
Whoops! For some reason a triple adapter decided to melt. Two things
were plugged in at the time, both rated at 1kW, one switched on, one not.
Both devices are still functional and undamaged. No fuses have blown,
including the one in the photo, although when I noticed the problem (the
day after I was using the 1kW device which I switched off normally the day
before) neither device would operate, presumably the fuse had fallen out
of the holder. I can only assume there was an arc due to a loose fuse?
There was a slight dodgy smell when I was using the device yesterday, but
I couldn't work out what it was.

Parrots.