Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electric Oven has melted ready meal container melted on?

Hi all,
I have a 9 month old "Leisure" double electric oven.
I was using the top smaller oven and thought the only element was at the
top, and put a ready meal plastic tray on the bottom of the oven thinking
it would be cooler than being on the metal rack in the middle of the oven.
Result was it stuck to the bottom, I have tried scrapping it while it is hot
but it does not shift it very well.
Has anyone any advice please?
Would oven cleaning spray touch it?
Mick.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/01/2010 17:25 Mick. wrote:

I have a 9 month old "Leisure" double electric oven.
I was using the top smaller oven and thought the only element was at the
top, and put a ready meal plastic tray on the bottom of the oven thinking
it would be cooler than being on the metal rack in the middle of the oven.
Result was it stuck to the bottom

I cracked three plates like this over Christmas. I knew there was
heating at both bottom and top but didn't realise just how direct it was.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mick." wrote in message
om...
Hi all,
I have a 9 month old "Leisure" double electric oven.
I was using the top smaller oven and thought the only element was at
the top, and put a ready meal plastic tray on the bottom of the oven
thinking it would be cooler than being on the metal rack in the middle of
the oven.
Result was it stuck to the bottom, I have tried scrapping it while it is
hot but it does not shift it very well.
Has anyone any advice please?
Would oven cleaning spray touch it?
Mick.

Plastic carbonises over time at temperatures above 200 degs C. So I'd open
the windows and put the oven on full chat for a time and see if it burns
off. It is the technique "self cleaning" ovens use.