Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What's going on with my drains?? Please help!!!

I live in a tenement flat that occupies the ground and basement floors. The
bathroom is on the ground floor and the kitchen is underneath in the basement.
For the last couple of years, most evenings there is a massively loud gurgling
and spluttering of drain water bubbling up into the bath and sink in the
bathroom (ground floor) but no problem with the kitchen sink downstairs. It
often smells of drains and sometimes smells like it's the upstairs neighbor's
washing detergent - I've also seen detergent foam coming up into the bath.
Assuming a blockage we have poured gallons of drain cleaner down, bought an
auger and tried to clear it and finally given in and called Dyno rod who just
a few days ago cleared 11 meters of the drain. IT'S STILL GURGLING AND
SPLUTTERING ARRGHHH!!! What can be the cause?? I've been reading up on blocked
vents but it seems like that siphons the water out of the U bend rather than
pushing it up into the bath and sink.....any ideas would be very gratefully
received!!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...p-1235322-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ah obviously a Fat-burg again. These heaps of all sorts of fat and
detergent often need the drain to be dug up and access gained and in some
cases the whole thing replaced..

I suppose no way to get a camera down it. I'd have thought the drain
cleaning company would have done that to check on the local situation, which
may mean the problem lies elsewhere.
I hate drains.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Gngrvan" m wrote in
message ...
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Gngrvan m wrote:
[...]

Maybe a vent somewhere has been blocked (or removed because someone
didn't know what it was for) and thus there are air locks occurring in
the drain pipes.

--
Chris Green
·