Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Help, please... Icemaker problem - Please help

OK,... here's a problem... Please help if you can...
A fairly new fridge,... Kitchenaid Model KSRB27QFBL00
WOW... I'm pretty sure that (from Sears) we bought it in early 2001,
but the sticker on the inside says "Mfg date 10/97"... Wow.
with the water and ice dispensers thru the door.
Everything worked for a few years.
Then, the water dispenser worked only occasionally.
Then water dispenser wouldn't work.
After a few more months, ice-maker wouldn't work.
Now... The door-side switches still work...
The door-side ice-dispenser still moves and would dispense ice if ice
were there.
The door-side water-dispencer clicks, but no water comes out...
There's no click at either of the solenoids in the back (I removed the
cardboard on the back-side).
The water suply is good, and pressured.
The ice-maker fill tube is Not froze.
WHAT is the fix?

Thanks in advance.

Mark S.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks very much, Todd, for the FAST reply, but...
I've already verified that the water supply up to the solenoids is
good.

What other ideas?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Mark246" writes:

[...]

Basically everything works but no water gets to the front door or the
ice maker it sounds like.

Ever changed the filter on it?

Sediment in the lines would explain the problem too.

Yellow pages appliance repair and have someone out. If it's something
relativley common, they've probably got some sort of tube to ream out
the line.

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Mark246" writes:

Thanks very much, Todd, for the FAST reply, but...
I've already verified that the water supply up to the solenoids is
good.
What other ideas?

Water supply beyond the solenoids of course, or the solenoids
themselves. If they were failure prone, the water one may have
failed before the ice one and would explain your order of failures.

Does your fridge have a filter? Is it beyond the solenoids?

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/
Posted to alt.home.repair

Does it have a filter? I dunno'.
Yeah,... maybe it's the solenoids. But... would they both go out at
about the same time? Doubtful.
I think that a Key piece of info is that the Solenoids don't make any
clicks.
Isn't that relevant?

Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Mark246" writes:

Does it have a filter? I dunno'.

If it has one and you've not changed it in 10 years, I'll cheerfully
bet a quarter that's the problem.

Yeah,... maybe it's the solenoids. But... would they both go out at
about the same time? Doubtful.

Which is why I'm buggin ya about a filter through which both ice and
water dispensing would go, could clog and cause both to cease
functioning.

I think that a Key piece of info is that the Solenoids don't make
any clicks. Isn't that relevant?

Certainly possible.

All just guessin of course.

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/
Posted to alt.home.repair

Mark246 wrote:
[...]

I'd check to see if the line from the
solenoids to the ice maker or to the
water spout is frozen. Frequently,
there are heaters, i.e. small resistors,
that keep these from freezing where they
pass through the freezer compartment.
Also, physical routing of the water
lines is critical to not freezing. .
Posted to alt.home.repair

Here is a link to the manual for your model #. Maybe the troubleshooting
section will help you out.
http://www.kitchenaid.com/custserv/l...KSRB27QFB L00.

Doug
"Mark246" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

Well, my ISP is playing tricks again. I
posted this, but never saw the post.
So, here it is again, just in case.

Mark246 wrote:

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

solenoids fail pretty often, try powering one right from the power line
or check for power at the solenoids........

note they didnt fail together but flaked out pretty close to one
another.

I got $$#% at my ice maker wasnt certain if it was the maker itself or
the solenoid, found the icemaker jit wasnt much more than the solenoid
so bought the kit, changed solenoid problem went away.

put leftover maker in storage for later use