Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default fireplace help

We moved into an old house a year ago and want to do something with this metal
hollow fireplace.I don't want to remove it from the wall but it looks like the
surface is peeling away on the back plate and top and has various marks and
drip stains.Could this be stripped back with something in situ and would I
need to paint or spray over it afterwards to stop rust.I haven't a clue so any
input is appreciated!
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/ah
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/ai

Posted to uk.d-i-y

njhsmee wrote:

input is appreciated!

People gave you replies last week, if you used a better method of
newsgroup access than the home-owners-hub website, you would easily see
them ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Andy Burns, njhsmee wrote:
so sorry,i didn't realise as I couldn't find the thread and thought it didn't
post.Many thanks

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...p-1234160-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

njhsmee wrote:

i didn't realise as I couldn't find the thread and thought it didn't
post.

That's the problem with H-O-H it exists mainly to generate advert
revenue on the back of real humans; you could get a 'proper' usenet
client ...

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/Newsgroup_access_tips

or at least use google groups, your original question plus replies is
here ...

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/uk.d-i-y/6fAJoOZ0tUA