Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Renewable energy. (One for TurNiP)

http://www.independent.co.uk/environ...-a7908821.html
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 23 August 2017 18:10:04 UTC+1, harry wrote:
http://www.independent.co.uk/environ...-a7908821.html

I've always thought we could get rid of all the violent people in the world by killing them all, that way humanity would be sorted too. ;-)
And long before 2050
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/08/2017 18:09, harry wrote:

http://www.independent.co.uk/environ...-a7908821.html

https://atomicinsights.com/climate-s...ons-wws-plans/

"In the above clip, all four scientists express their polite skepticism
about the fundamental goal of Jacobsons plans. They believe that we all
need to be working towards a goal that minimizes CO2 emissions,
optimizes human cooperation with the environment, and ensures that the
transition from fossil fuels is affordable enough so that it doesnt
kill off the economy.

None of them agreed that a energy system using 100% renewable energy is
a valid objective."

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/08/17 15:32, John Rumm wrote:
On 23/08/2017 18:09, harry wrote:

http://www.independent.co.uk/environ...-a7908821.html

https://atomicinsights.com/climate-s...ons-wws-plans/

"In the above clip, all four scientists express their polite skepticism
about the fundamental goal of Jacobsons plans. They believe that we all
need to be working towards a goal that minimizes CO2 emissions,
optimizes human cooperation with the environment, and ensures that the
transition from fossil fuels is affordable enough so that it doesnt
kill off the economy.

None of them agreed that a energy system using 100% renewable energy is
a valid objective."

Course it isn't. If it were we would never have bothered to invent steam
engines.

--
"What do you think about Gay Marriage?"
"I don't."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2017-08-24, John Rumm wrote:
On 23/08/2017 18:09, harry wrote:

http://www.independent.co.uk/environ...-a7908821.html

https://atomicinsights.com/climate-s...ons-wws-plans/

"In the above clip, all four scientists express their polite skepticism
about the fundamental goal of Jacobsons plans. They believe that we all
need to be working towards a goal that minimizes CO2 emissions,
optimizes human cooperation with the environment, and ensures that the
transition from fossil fuels is affordable enough so that it doesnt
kill off the economy.

None of them agreed that a energy system using 100% renewable energy is
a valid objective."

Nor, until the intermittency problem is solved at an industrial scale, is
it even possible.

Its rather like saying 'I want a rechargebale battery for my bike lights
that will go a year between charges' and someonbe says 'here's a nuclear
one one that will last the lifetime of the bike and never needs
recharging and its a lot cheaper'

BUT I WANTED RECHARGEABLE SO AS TO USER IT WITH WINMILLS'N'SOLAR PANELS

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 8/24/2017 4:30 PM, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Thu, 24 Aug 2017 16:17:51 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 24/08/17 15:32, John Rumm wrote:
On 23/08/2017 18:09, harry wrote:

http://www.independent.co.uk/environ...-a7908821.html

https://atomicinsights.com/climate-s...ons-wws-plans/

"In the above clip, all four scientists express their polite skepticism
about the fundamental goal of Jacobsons plans. They believe that we all
need to be working towards a goal that minimizes CO2 emissions,
optimizes human cooperation with the environment, and ensures that the
transition from fossil fuels is affordable enough so that it doesnt
kill off the economy.

None of them agreed that a energy system using 100% renewable energy is
a valid objective."

Course it isn't. If it were we would never have bothered to invent steam
engines.

Even in Holland, the iconic home of windmills if ever there was one,
they replaced them with steam because it was so much more effective.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Museum_De_Cruquius Probably the largest
steam engine ever built, with a cylinder diameter of 12ft. and made in
a small town a few miles from me.

Well said. Amazing place to visit, too.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Huge
writes
On 2017-08-24, John Rumm wrote:
On 23/08/2017 18:09, harry wrote:

http://www.independent.co.uk/environ...r-power-countr
ies-entirely-powered-2050-renewable-energy-climate-change-fossil-fuels
-a7908821.html

https://atomicinsights.com/climate-s...bout-mark-z-ja
cobsons-wws-plans/

"In the above clip, all four scientists express their polite skepticism
about the fundamental goal of Jacobsons plans. They believe that we all
need to be working towards a goal that minimizes CO2 emissions,
optimizes human cooperation with the environment, and ensures that the
transition from fossil fuels is affordable enough so that it doesnt
kill off the economy.

None of them agreed that a energy system using 100% renewable energy is
a valid objective."

Nor, until the intermittency problem is solved at an industrial scale, is
it even possible.

The greenest solution to the intermittency problem is nukes - and once
you've built them you may as well run them 24/7 and scrap the windmills
and solar panels.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Huge
writes
On 2017-08-24, John Rumm wrote:
[...]

Prezactly

--
€œIt is hard to imagine a more stupid decision or more dangerous way of
who pay no price for being wrong.€

Thomas Sowell