Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alan

Default Renewable Energy Survey / Cuestionario Energia Renovable

In message , Eeyore
wrote

I agree. So may 'surveys' offer only simple answers that don't tell the whole
story. I wonder about their true value.

I did it anyway.

I wonder how many people will answer yes to installing renewable
technology in a domestic property but if the figures were given for a
professional installation and maintenance regime versus potential
savings would then respond in completely a different manner?

I wonder how many people would assume that there would be zero noise
pollution when every house has a wind turbine?

I suspect the conclusions have already been written - before anyone
answered the survey. The survey request has been posted to groups where
a positive answer to any kind of renewable energy is likely.

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King

The message
from Alan contains these words:

I suspect the conclusions have already been written - before anyone
answered the survey.

We get a lot of that round here. It's no longer called Consultation,
it's called Decision Support.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Douglas de Lacey

Alan wrote:
In message , Eeyore
wrote

I agree. So may 'surveys' offer only simple answers that don't tell
the whole
story. I wonder about their true value.

I did it anyway.

And the fun is, if you enjoy this sort of thing, you can do so again and
again and again ....

I wonder how many people will answer yes to installing renewable
technology in a domestic property but if the figures were given for a
professional installation and maintenance regime versus potential
savings would then respond in completely a different manner?

Lots of people enjoy answering this sort of thing at random; the noise
is likely to swamp any such useful message.

I wonder how many people would assume that there would be zero noise
pollution when every house has a wind turbine?

I suspect the conclusions have already been written - before anyone
answered the survey. The survey request has been posted to groups where
a positive answer to any kind of renewable energy is likely.

I don't think one should attribute to conspiracy what can be adequately
explained by incompetence. However it's used, I'd fail instantly any
student of mine who included a web-based survey (that doesn't stop our
stoopid Admin section from doing so on occasion)-:

Douglas de Lacey

Windows [email protected] Home Repair 7 January 21st 06 01:06 PM
Oil/Pellet Stoves? Bill LaFleur Home Ownership 285 November 18th 04 09:33 PM
Ohmwork [email protected] Home Repair 36 July 24th 04 12:22 AM