Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default CRT TV into fish tank?

When my brother, four years my junior, started work with us
he was shown this procedure. The last tube was an old round
12" CRT. After it was loaded into the drum, he was handed
the conduit and we all retreated round the corner.

Tap! Nothing happened so he was told to try again but much
harder. Tap! Again nothing ...

More encouragement, more tapping until, eventually: WHOOMPH!

After the initial implosion there was a second rush of noise
as all the glass that wasn't contained in the drum hit the
ceiling! Another short pause and them the sound of all the
glass hitting the solid floor.

It took him over half an hour to sweep up all the glass!

We used to have a place where we put them outside and could then lob a
brick at them from the nearby flat roof, a very satisfactory WHUMP!!
occurred plus the crashing and tinkling to the glass fallout. We got the
works minion Chris to sweep up!

One day a 26" colour CRT accidentally slid off the bench, three blokes
were in the room they were rather shocked to say the least, one did get
a bit of flying glass in the side of his face which required a hospital
trip;(...

--
Tony Sayer