Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Help with wiring old fish tank fluorescent lamp

I had to replace the switch on my fluorescent fish tank hood, and
unfortunately, forgot how to wire it back together. It a 4 wire switch
(2 Black & 2 Blue) that you push and hold until the bulb fires and
release to turn it on. I tried to wire the Blues to the Blues and the
Blacks to the Blacks and it seems to work but I have a 4 inch piece of
Black wire left over. Anyone have any idea how this thing should be
wired?

+--------------+ | |
--HOT-----------| BALLAST | ----BLUE---+ |
--NEUTRAL---| | ----BLACK-----+
+--------------+

+--------------+
--BLUE--------| SWITCH | ----BLUE---
--BLACK---| | ----BLACK-----
+--------------+

+----------------+
----BLUE----- | \ BULB / | ----BLUE------
----BLACK---- | / \ | ----BLACK----
+----------------+

Thanks
Wade

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Ware

try this

http://members.misty.com/don/f-lamp.html#wd0

note that the two blue wires will attach where it says 'Starter or starting
switch'

"Michael Ware" wrote in message
. ..
Which wire is left over? Is it connected to something?

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
sepia

It's just a piece of black wire 4 inches long not connected to anything.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
sepia

I managed to get it to work like this.

but i still have a 4" piece of black wire that was connected somehow in
this mess

+-----------+
H---------| Ballast |-----blk--------+
N---------| |-----blk---+ |