Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Are we all feeling the Brexit benefits yet?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eze-wages.html

BY BYE TRIPLE LOCK.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/06/2017 07:53, wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eze-wages.html

BY BYE TRIPLE LOCK.

One of the good things re May's pasting is she will think twice about
removing the triple lock and similar bad ideas.

are depriving those in real need!

https://www.gov.uk/report-benefit-fraud
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
news
On 14/06/2017 07:53, wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eze-wages.html

BY BYE TRIPLE LOCK.

One of the good things re May's pasting is she will think twice about
removing the triple lock and similar bad ideas.

and doing away with my winter heating payment just because I have more money
than I know how to spend ....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
news
On 14/06/2017 07:53, wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eze-wages.html

BY BYE TRIPLE LOCK.

One of the good things re May's pasting is she will think twice about
removing the triple lock and similar bad ideas.

and doing away with my winter heating payment just because I have more
money than I know how to spend ....

Quite. Like many on here I'm pretty well off in retirement. Due to having
a reasonable occupational pension, and owning a house outright.

So for those who can't see beyond the end of their nose, means all OAPs
are very well off regardless. And makes a great deal of sense to cut their
income in the future.

--
*My wife and I had words. But I didn't get to use mine.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
news
On 14/06/2017 07:53, wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eze-wages.html

BY BYE TRIPLE LOCK.

One of the good things re May's pasting is she will think twice about
removing the triple lock and similar bad ideas.

and doing away with my winter heating payment just because I have more
money than I know how to spend ....

Quite. Like many on here I'm pretty well off in retirement. Due to having
a reasonable occupational pension, and owning a house outright.

So for those who can't see beyond the end of their nose, means all OAPs
are very well off regardless. And makes a great deal of sense to cut their
income in the future.

yes just give it to the scumbags who smoked drank gambled their money way
and lived in a kooncil hoose ....I need mine to pay for my classic mustang
insurance .....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
So for those who can't see beyond the end of their nose, means all
OAPs are very well off regardless. And makes a great deal of sense to
cut their income in the future.

yes just give it to the scumbags who smoked drank gambled their money
way and lived in a kooncil hoose ....I need mine to pay for my classic
mustang insurance .....

No wonder May failed to get the majority she was sure she would. People
are now taking note of the opinions of her supporters - rather than what
she promised on becoming PM. Basically, Tories do not change their spots.

--
*I will always cherish the initial misconceptions I had about you

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
news On 14/06/2017 07:53, wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eze-wages.html

BY BYE TRIPLE LOCK.

One of the good things re May's pasting is she will think twice about
removing the triple lock and similar bad ideas.

and doing away with my winter heating payment just because I have more
money than I know how to spend ....

Quite. Like many on here I'm pretty well off in retirement. Due to having
a reasonable occupational pension, and owning a house outright.

So for those who can't see beyond the end of their nose, means all OAPs
are very well off regardless. And makes a great deal of sense to cut their
income in the future.

yes just give it to the scumbags who smoked drank gambled their money way
and lived in a kooncil hoose ....I need mine to pay for my classic mustang
insurance .....

I suggest you spend some of your excess money on an education. Some
basic grammar and spelling wouldn't go amiss ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
news On 14/06/2017 07:53, wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ueeze-wages.ht

ml

BY BYE TRIPLE LOCK.

One of the good things re May's pasting is she will think twice about
removing the triple lock and similar bad ideas.

and doing away with my winter heating payment just because I have more
money than I know how to spend ....

Quite. Like many on here I'm pretty well off in retirement. Due to having
a reasonable occupational pension, and owning a house outright.

So for those who can't see beyond the end of their nose, means all OAPs
are very well off regardless. And makes a great deal of sense to cut their
income in the future.

yes just give it to the scumbags who smoked drank gambled their money way
and lived in a kooncil hoose ....I need mine to pay for my classic mustang
insurance .....

Give it to the NHS, or charity, ie the things that government should support but doesn't.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
news
On 14/06/2017 07:53, wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eze-wages.html

BY BYE TRIPLE LOCK.

One of the good things re May's pasting is she will think twice about
removing the triple lock and similar bad ideas.

and doing away with my winter heating payment just because I have more
money than I know how to spend ....

Quite. Like many on here I'm pretty well off in retirement. Due to having
a reasonable occupational pension, and owning a house outright.

So for those who can't see beyond the end of their nose, means all OAPs
are very well off regardless. And makes a great deal of sense to cut their
income in the future.

If their pension is still linked to the cost of living (i.e. part of the
"double lock"), why would removal of the 2.5% option cut their income?

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , John
Rumm writes
In article ,
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
news On 14/06/2017 07:53, wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ion-surges-2-9
-cent-new-squeeze-wages.html

BY BYE TRIPLE LOCK.

One of the good things re May's pasting is she will think twice about
removing the triple lock and similar bad ideas.

and doing away with my winter heating payment just because I have more
money than I know how to spend ....

Quite. Like many on here I'm pretty well off in retirement. Due to having
a reasonable occupational pension, and owning a house outright.

So for those who can't see beyond the end of their nose, means all OAPs
are very well off regardless. And makes a great deal of sense to cut their
income in the future.

If their pension is still linked to the cost of living (i.e. part of
the "double lock"), why would removal of the 2.5% option cut their
income?

If inflation falls below 2.5%.
It has only come into play twice since 2010 and then didn't make a great
deal of difference. If you look at the relationship between state
pension and average earnings you will see it suffered most when Thatcher
broke the link to earning. RPI/CPI treats pensioners unfairly because
they tend not to buy the things which hold them down.
Also note that the triple lock only applies to basic state pension under
the old system but to the whole of the new pension. It is the self
employed who have benefited most from the new system so maybe they
should pay a little more NI to cover it?
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 14 Jun 2017 10:04:04 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
news
On 14/06/2017 07:53, wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eze-wages.html

BY BYE TRIPLE LOCK.

One of the good things re May's pasting is she will think twice about
removing the triple lock and similar bad ideas.

and doing away with my winter heating payment just because I have more
money than I know how to spend ....

Quite. Like many on here I'm pretty well off in retirement. Due to having
a reasonable occupational pension, and owning a house outright.

So for those who can't see beyond the end of their nose, means all OAPs
are very well off regardless. And makes a great deal of sense to cut their
income in the future.

There are many OAPs who are very well off and many OAPs who are not.
It does not make sense to lump them into the same "basket".

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Mark wrote:
On Wed, 14 Jun 2017 10:04:04 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
news On 14/06/2017 07:53, wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eze-wages.html

BY BYE TRIPLE LOCK.

One of the good things re May's pasting is she will think twice about
removing the triple lock and similar bad ideas.

and doing away with my winter heating payment just because I have more
money than I know how to spend ....

Quite. Like many on here I'm pretty well off in retirement. Due to having
a reasonable occupational pension, and owning a house outright.

So for those who can't see beyond the end of their nose, means all OAPs
are very well off regardless. And makes a great deal of sense to cut their
income in the future.

There are many OAPs who are very well off and many OAPs who are not.
It does not make sense to lump them into the same "basket".

Of course not. But a sensible income tax system should take care of that.

But governments of all colours have tried to buy the oldies vote by giving
them perks of various types. And even the very well off like gifts. And
would moan if excluded.

--
*If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2017-06-14, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
news
On 14/06/2017 07:53, wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eze-wages.html

BY BYE TRIPLE LOCK.

One of the good things re May's pasting is she will think twice about
removing the triple lock and similar bad ideas.

and doing away with my winter heating payment just because I have more money
than I know how to spend ....

That shows a certain lack of imagination.

What's your suggestion? Several here have said "send it back".

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2017-06-14, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
news On 14/06/2017 07:53, wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eze-wages.html

BY BYE TRIPLE LOCK.

One of the good things re May's pasting is she will think twice about
removing the triple lock and similar bad ideas.

and doing away with my winter heating payment just because I have more money
than I know how to spend ....

That shows a certain lack of imagination.

What's your suggestion? Several here have said "send it back".

How do you (or anyone else) recieve the payments, if it;s just a cheque you could rip it up or just frame it for fun. You could ask here how to make such a frame :-)

Or if you get the money put into an account then you could always
give X amount to charity(s) .

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2017-06-14, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
news On 14/06/2017 07:53, wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eze-wages.html

BY BYE TRIPLE LOCK.

One of the good things re May's pasting is she will think twice about
removing the triple lock and similar bad ideas.

and doing away with my winter heating payment just because I have more money
than I know how to spend ....

That shows a certain lack of imagination.

What's your suggestion? Several here have said "send it back".

How do you (or anyone else) recieve the payments,

I don't receive such payments.

if it;s just a cheque you could rip it up or just frame it for fun. You could ask here how to make such a frame :-)

Quite/

Or if you get the money put into an account then you could always
give X amount to charity(s) .

Agreed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2017-06-14, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
news On 14/06/2017 07:53, wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eze-wages.html

BY BYE TRIPLE LOCK.

One of the good things re May's pasting is she will think twice
about removing the triple lock and similar bad ideas.

and doing away with my winter heating payment just because I have
more money than I know how to spend ....

That shows a certain lack of imagination.

What's your suggestion? Several here have said "send it back".

Surely would make more sense to give it to a charity of your choice? I can
just imagine the chaos as some civil servant tried to process such a thing.

--
*When the going gets tough, the tough take a coffee break *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 14 Jun 2017 16:37:10 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"

On 2017-06-14, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
news On 14/06/2017 07:53, wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eze-wages.html

BY BYE TRIPLE LOCK.

One of the good things re May's pasting is she will think twice
about removing the triple lock and similar bad ideas.

and doing away with my winter heating payment just because I have
more money than I know how to spend ....

That shows a certain lack of imagination.

What's your suggestion? Several here have said "send it back".

Surely would make more sense to give it to a charity of your choice? I can
just imagine the chaos as some civil servant tried to process such a thing.

I already suggested this but it didn't gain popularity since many here
don't approve of certain charities.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes

On 2017-06-14, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
news On 14/06/2017 07:53, wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eze-wages.html

BY BYE TRIPLE LOCK.

One of the good things re May's pasting is she will think twice
about removing the triple lock and similar bad ideas.

and doing away with my winter heating payment just because I have
more money than I know how to spend ....

That shows a certain lack of imagination.

What's your suggestion? Several here have said "send it back".

Surely would make more sense to give it to a charity of your choice? I can
just imagine the chaos as some civil servant tried to process such a thing.

No problem processing a cheque but of you really want to annoy them send
them cash.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Mark
writes

On 2017-06-14, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
news On 14/06/2017 07:53, wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ion-surges-2-9
-cent-new-squeeze-wages.html

BY BYE TRIPLE LOCK.

One of the good things re May's pasting is she will think twice about
removing the triple lock and similar bad ideas.

and doing away with my winter heating payment just because I have
more money
than I know how to spend ....

That shows a certain lack of imagination.

What's your suggestion? Several here have said "send it back".

So why don't you?
--
bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 14 Jun 2017 23:20:12 +0100, bert wrote:

In article , Mark
writes

On 2017-06-14, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
news On 14/06/2017 07:53, wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ion-surges-2-9
-cent-new-squeeze-wages.html

BY BYE TRIPLE LOCK.

One of the good things re May's pasting is she will think twice about
removing the triple lock and similar bad ideas.

and doing away with my winter heating payment just because I have
more money
than I know how to spend ....

That shows a certain lack of imagination.

What's your suggestion? Several here have said "send it back".

So why don't you?

The main reason is that I have never received a winter heating
payment.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/06/17 10:39, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Wed, 14 Jun 2017 09:16:44 +0100, Brian Reay wrote:

On 14/06/2017 07:53, wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...on-surges-2-9-

cent-new-squeeze-wages.html

BY BYE TRIPLE LOCK.

One of the good things re May's pasting is she will think twice about
removing the triple lock and similar bad ideas.

Probably not a good idea to hitch your political wagon to a demographic
that is going to shrink and - because of the current pensions landscape -
not be renewed.

The old are big and set to get bigger.

They are noyt a shrinking demographic.

At age 20 one resents NI, at age 65 one thanks state pensions.

As last week showed, the people *not* voting Tory were one of their
alleged key demographics. Younger middle-aged families with mortgages and
kids. Not the scrounging students the press conjured up.

Well they votes as well.

--
How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think.

Adolf Hitler

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/06/2017 07:53, wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eze-wages.html

BY BYE TRIPLE LOCK.

Don't see the problem with losing the triple lock. People can make their
own provision for retirement.

Yes thanks I am feeling the benefit, lower GBP vs Euro means more pay.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 14 Jun 2017 19:55:06 +0100, Fredxxx wrote:

On 14/06/2017 07:53, wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eze-wages.html

BY BYE TRIPLE LOCK.

Don't see the problem with losing the triple lock. People can make their
own provision for retirement.

Yes thanks I am feeling the benefit, lower GBP vs Euro means more pay.

Lower GBP means more inflation, not more pay.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Mark
writes

On 14/06/2017 07:53, wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...n-surges-2-9-c
ent-new-squeeze-wages.html

BY BYE TRIPLE LOCK.

Don't see the problem with losing the triple lock. People can make their
own provision for retirement.

Yes thanks I am feeling the benefit, lower GBP vs Euro means more pay.

Lower GBP means more inflation, not more pay.

The dick strikes again. Do explain it for him someone - I can't be
arsed.
--
bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 15 Jun 2017 14:12:12 +0100, bert wrote:

In article , Mark
writes

On 14/06/2017 07:53, wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...n-surges-2-9-c
ent-new-squeeze-wages.html

BY BYE TRIPLE LOCK.

Don't see the problem with losing the triple lock. People can make their
own provision for retirement.

Yes thanks I am feeling the benefit, lower GBP vs Euro means more pay.

Lower GBP means more inflation, not more pay.

The dick strikes again. Do explain it for him someone - I can't be
arsed.

Ah, you're just a troll. Welcome to my killfile.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Mark
writes

On 14/06/2017 07:53, wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...n-surges-2-9-c
ent-new-squeeze-wages.html

BY BYE TRIPLE LOCK.

Don't see the problem with losing the triple lock. People can make their
own provision for retirement.

Yes thanks I am feeling the benefit, lower GBP vs Euro means more pay.

Lower GBP means more inflation, not more pay.

The dick strikes again. Do explain it for him someone - I can't be
arsed.

Ah, you're just a troll. Welcome to my killfile.

Excellent. Then I won't see your tiresome replies.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/06/2017 07:53, wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eze-wages.html

BY BYE TRIPLE LOCK.

Don't see the problem with losing the triple lock. People can make their
own provision for retirement.

Yes thanks I am feeling the benefit, lower GBP vs Euro means more pay.

Lower GBP means more inflation, not more pay.

The inflation bit seems not to be present in Lidl EU wine prices when
I looked today. Prices are lower than I recall for some years.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/06/2017 20:03, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Fredxxx
wrote:

On 14/06/2017 07:53, wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-2-9-cent-new-

squeeze-wages.html

BY BYE TRIPLE LOCK.

Don't see the problem with losing the triple lock. People can make
their own provision for retirement.

Yes thanks I am feeling the benefit, lower GBP vs Euro means more pay.

And another 50k people in work - unemployment now down to 1.53 million,
lowest since 1975, apparently.

Does this fit Our Dave's definition of a "trashed economy" or whatever
it was he said?

I think ourt Dave is the only person over 20 in this country who
actually believes in JC's fairy stories.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 14/06/2017 07:53, wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-2-9-cent-new-

squeeze-wages.html

BY BYE TRIPLE LOCK.

Don't see the problem with losing the triple lock. People can make
their own provision for retirement.

Yes thanks I am feeling the benefit, lower GBP vs Euro means more pay.

And another 50k people in work - unemployment now down to 1.53 million,
lowest since 1975, apparently.

Does this fit Our Dave's definition of a "trashed economy" or whatever
it was he said?

I think ourt Dave is the only person over 20 in this country who
actually believes in JC's fairy stories.

Well someone of my acquaintance sort of admits a bit idealistic but
votes for him anyway because 'his heart is in the right place'

And that of course is where we part company. I want my PMS head in the
right place. In fact its one job where a heartless ******* can be effective.

--
The New Left are the people they warned you about.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 14/06/2017 07:53, wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-2-9-cent-new-
squeeze-wages.html

BY BYE TRIPLE LOCK.

Don't see the problem with losing the triple lock. People can make their
own provision for retirement.

Yes thanks I am feeling the benefit, lower GBP vs Euro means more pay.

And another 50k people in work - unemployment now down to 1.53 million,
lowest since 1975, apparently.

Does this fit Our Dave's definition of a "trashed economy" or whatever
it was he said?

I think ourt Dave is the only person over 20 in this country who actually
believes in JC's fairy stories.

Unlikely given that 40% of the voters voted labour
and well over half of them must be over 20.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nope, because even you should have noticed that Britain
is still in the EU and all those unspeakable immigrants
are still free to show up in Britain if they want to.

wrote in message

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eze-wages.html

BY BYE TRIPLE LOCK.

Liquid Zeolite Benefits Plus All Natural Products rzt8lias Metalworking 5 September 11th 07 02:50 AM
Liquid Zeolite Benefits Plus All Natural Products ayt46g6b Home Repair 1 September 8th 07 12:20 PM
Is the IBEW Electrician apprenticeship certified by VA for VA education benefits? [email protected] Home Repair 5 January 21st 06 10:18 PM
Home Depot benefits TB Woodworking 15 March 18th 05 05:06 AM
Low voltage lighting benefits [email protected] UK diy 9 November 25th 04 02:58 PM