Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Or not. tower fire...

news
http://www.insidehousing.co.uk/revea...019613.article

seems like this not the first time polystyrene and ply cladding has
caused a major fire.

how the hell did building control allow it?

never liked rain overcladding when I was in building control and I attended
many fires in blocks before overcladding became all the rage and the fires
NEVER went further than the flat involved.......

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
news

news
http://www.insidehousing.co.uk/revea...019613.article

seems like this not the first time polystyrene and ply cladding has
caused a major fire.

how the hell did building control allow it?

never liked rain overcladding when I was in building control and I
attended many fires in blocks before overcladding became all the rage and
the fires NEVER went further than the flat involved.......

...it would appear fighting the fire from the "bridgehead" fire lobby off
the one escape stair from the riser would appear not to be an option in this
case.....god help my old colleagues in Building Standards this morning
trying to figure out which of the different types of rain cladding used
about here is similar to the London system .....always the same witch hunt
when there is a disaster ......guarantee there has been dozens of fatalities
.....bet it had plastic windows as well.....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

....bet it had plastic windows as well.....

Not in this case, aluminium tilt & turn.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

....bet it had plastic windows as well.....

Not in this case, aluminium tilt & turn.

....rain screening....the new Ronan point .....don't think it will collapse
though ........

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/06/17 08:00, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
god help my old colleagues in Building Standards this morning
trying to figure out which of the different types of rain cladding used
about here is similar to the London system .....

I think it is ply with EPP and a steel surface

always the same witch hunt
when there is a disaster ..

Only by full enquiries can quality systems work to establish the
cause(s) and ensure it doesn't happen again.

....guarantee there has been

...have been...
dozens of fatalities
....bet it had plastic windows as well.....

Probably.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14-Jun-17 9:18 AM, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 14/06/17 08:00, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
god help my old colleagues in Building Standards this morning
trying to figure out which of the different types of rain cladding used
about here is similar to the London system .....

I think it is ply with EPP and a steel surface

That was used on another tower block that had a spreading fire. The
information released on this one is that the cladding is two sheets of
aluminium with a polyethylene core. This has been linked to fires in
other parts of the world.

Colin Bignell