Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
BigWallop

Default Kitchen Taps

"SantaUK" Aye Right!! wrote in message
My m8 just had new taps fitted to his kitchen sink during a new kitchen

installation in his flat. Everything
went well. But he's came across a problem. His hot water tank is in an

airing cupboard next to his kitchen.
The new taps, mixer variety, the spout goes in an arc, and the top of the

arc is approx 60mm higher than the
hot water tank.

His cold water out the tap is great, but the hot water out the tap is

slow. I'm guessing the height of the
arc above the tank is the issue? Am I right? I seem to recall his

previous mixer was a lot lower.

Hi SantaUK,

It's not really a matter of the height of the hot water tank, but more a
matter of the height of the cold water tank that feeds the hot tank. I've
had pointed out to me many time in the group, that it is possible that the
mixer tap is set to run at high pressure and that may be the most likely the
cause. The only solution others have come up with, is to change the taps
for a low pressure one.

Someone will probably confirm this for us.

---
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

Reluctant taps Liz UK diy 9 July 21st 03 09:30 PM
Kitchen doors The Question Asker UK diy 1 July 19th 03 02:52 AM
Monobloc taps Roger Slack UK diy 6 July 18th 03 12:07 AM
Kitchen Fitter Standards Tim Foley UK diy 2 July 17th 03 09:48 PM
Kitchen Worksurface. mick UK diy 2 July 4th 03 05:23 PM