kitchenman

Default Kitchen Taps

I have found the simplest way to clear an air lock it to take both hoses of
the washing machine & connect 1,ONE hose to both outlets, 1 hot & 1 cold,
then turn on the hot fully & slowly open the cold, if there is an air lock
you will hear much grumbling from the cylinder, when the grumbling stops,
then turn off the cold, then the hot, & try the hot tap over the sink.
If it is a bit better but gets worse then repeat the above for a bit longer,
could be your hot feed from the cylinder goes up for a while before it goes
down to the kitchen, hence the air lock.

When I fitted kitchens I would always check the flow in front of the client
BEFORE starting work, then if it was poor when I started they had no ground
to complain if it was poor when I finished
Otherwise they will always say it was OK before you started work

Good luck

--
regards
Dave Batter
"SantaUK" Aye Right!! wrote in message
Done that one already - but I am now curious about the point of the

pressure reducer on the taps. I'll check
that one out.

--

SantaUK
Mail me at:

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
. net...
If your pal has the manual or instruction booklet for the taps,
then ask him / her to check and see if it is for a high pressure
system.

Occasionally, taps can be converted by removing a flow restrictor on the
inlet pipework. If there is one on the hot inlet, take it out! They

often
take the form of a plastic screw inserted into the pipe that seriously
reduces the available bore.

The other possibility is that there is an airlock in the pipe to the

tap.
This frequently happens in gravity systems where there isn't the

pressure
and flow to blast air pockets out along the pipe. These can often be
resolved by connecting the mains cold to the gravity hot for a short

time to
blast the air pocket back into the cylinder where it vents off. This is
easily done at a mixer tap by sealing up the spout with some sort of

rubber
or squashy plastic pad held on with a tea towel and turning on both

taps.
Don't do it too long, or you'll water spouting out of the vent and
overflowing the header tank.

Christian.

---