Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Moisture resistant (green) plasterboard??

The shower room (one of the last two rooms in the Bunglalow to finish)
progresses - and this is key as it's the last thing on the building notice!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx...HhMZFAyWTRyNTg

Anyway - the screed will have been down a week by Saturday so safe to
walk on. I'm going to start altering the ceiling.

It's an "outhouse" affair - sticks off the back of the house, lead roof.
Now has 100mm of celotex on the ceiling (with soffit vents - some rather
nice slim ones the BCO suggested).

The ceiling/roof has a strong slope and I'm planning to soften this with
battens hung down off the rafters - plus this will leave a small void
for cables and lights.

So I was wondering - is there any merit in moisture resistant PB for
this? Didn't bother in the main bathroom, but the whole ceiling has the
floor void above and it's warm and dry.

This could in theory run cool, despite the celotex and there's only a
small void linking to the main house roofspace, so the PB will be less
ventilated.

What are the properties of green PB? Can it get damp without wilting?

I was also wondering if green PB would be suitable for a shed/workshop
to give a fireskin over the inside? Normal PB would wilt like crazy in
that environment.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/05/2017 21:44, Tim Watts wrote:
[...]

Its one of the cited uses, although it might be overkill for your
application. Normal foil backed might be a better compromise.

http://www.british-gypsum.com/produc...sistant?tab0=0

I was also wondering if green PB would be suitable for a shed/workshop
to give a fireskin over the inside? Normal PB would wilt like crazy in
that environment.

Yup, they say you can use it on soffits and things like that where its
not directly exposed.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/05/17 00:00, John Rumm wrote:

What are the properties of green PB? Can it get damp without wilting?

Its one of the cited uses, although it might be overkill for your
application. Normal foil backed might be a better compromise.

http://www.british-gypsum.com/produc...sistant?tab0=0

I was also wondering if green PB would be suitable for a shed/workshop
to give a fireskin over the inside? Normal PB would wilt like crazy in
that environment.

Yup, they say you can use it on soffits and things like that where its
not directly exposed.

That really is moisture resistant. Cheers!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/05/17 21:44, Tim Watts wrote:
[...]

Don't use moisture resistant. If its heated/insulated moisture wont hang
around.

But use foil backed board to keep the moisture out of the void.

--
Of what good are dead warriors? €¦ Warriors are those who desire battle
more than peace. Those who seek battle despite peace. Those who thump