Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Power to hoover but not switching on

Hetty compact

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...n-1210081-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim+ writes:
Sammy m Wrote
in message:
Hetty compact

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...n-1210081-.htm

Its broken. Burn it now.

Alternatively, download a newsreader and subscribe to uk.d-i-y and
then post a full description of the problem.

If you're anywhere near Reading Berkshire, there's
a Reading Repair Cafe tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon.
Bring it along, and we'll show you how to fix it.

http://www.transitionreading.org.uk/...g-repair-cafe/

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

But if he could do all that he would have figured out where to apply
the match.

You expect far too much of html posters :-(

AB

On Sat, 20 May 2017 19:13:17 +0100 (GMT+01:00), Tim+
wrote:

Sammy m Wrote
in message:
Hetty compact

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...n-1210081-.htm

Its broken. Burn it now.

Alternatively, download a newsreader and subscribe to uk.d-i-y and
then post a full description of the problem.

HTH.

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/05/2017 20:58, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

But if he could do all that he would have figured out where to apply
the match.

You expect far too much of html posters :-(

Judging by the previous posts from home owners hub the question was
probably posted decade ago and they have now got wise to the complaints
and altered the date to 2017.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/05/17 17:44, Sammy wrote:
Hetty compact

What a staggering philosophical insight!

I do believe that home-******s Hub is attracting alieans who expect
direct transference of mental images.

Try switching it on, asshole.

too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/05/17 19:13, Tim+ wrote:
Sammy m Wrote
in message:
Hetty compact

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...n-1210081-.htm

Its broken. Burn it now.

Alternatively, download a newsreader and subscribe to uk.d-i-y and
then post a full description of the problem.

Ssh. We already have dennis.

HTH.

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/05/17 20:51, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
Tim+ writes:
Sammy m Wrote
in message:
Hetty compact

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...n-1210081-.htm

Its broken. Burn it now.

Alternatively, download a newsreader and subscribe to uk.d-i-y and
then post a full description of the problem.

If you're anywhere near Reading Berkshire,

I never got around to reading 'Berkshire'.

Its it a romance, or just another period costume drama?

there's
a Reading Repair Cafe tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon.
Bring it along, and we'll show you how to fix it.

Actually I suspect that its the Writing Repair Café that the OP needs.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/05/17 21:33, alan_m wrote:
On 20/05/2017 20:58, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

But if he could do all that he would have figured out where to apply
the match.

You expect far too much of html posters :-(

Judging by the previous posts from home owners hub the question was
probably posted decade ago and they have now got wise to the complaints
and altered the date to 2017.

Me Tarzan. You Marzipan. How!?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 20 May 2017 17:44:17 UTC+1, Sammy wrote:
Hetty compact

Power flows through mains plug, flex, switch, internal wires & motor. The break could be anywhere in that lot. A multimeter will tell you where, once you know how to test resistance with it. A £3 one will do.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
Tim+ writes:
Sammy m Wrote
in message:
Hetty compact

--
for full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...n-1210081-.htm

Its broken. Burn it now.

Alternatively, download a newsreader and subscribe to uk.d-i-y and
then post a full description of the problem.

If you're anywhere near Reading Berkshire, there's
a Reading Repair Cafe tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon.
Bring it along, and we'll show you how to fix it.

http://www.transitionreading.org.uk/...g-repair-cafe/

Andrew, your trying to be helpful. A laudable goal but a misplaced one as
far as Homeownershub is concerned. The sooner its users understand what a
useless plagiarising pile of tripe it is the better. Consequently I think
"on principle" HOH messages should be ignored or derided every time.

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/05/2017 07:15, Tim+ wrote:

Consequently I think
"on principle" HOH messages should be ignored or derided every time.

No, only the ones that relate to posts 10 years old or only have a two
word question such as "Hetty compact" and expect the rest of the world
to have a crystal ball to know what has previously been ruled out as the
cause of the fault.

Oh - that's nearly all of the posts from home owners hub.

It's much the same with posts to other groups from the motoring version
of this web site where _every_ post is referenced to a fiat puno.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 21 May 2017 07:19:01 UTC+1, Tim+ wrote:

Andrew, your trying to be helpful. A laudable goal but a misplaced one as
far as Homeownershub is concerned. The sooner its users understand what a
useless plagiarising pile of tripe it is the better. Consequently I think
"on principle" HOH messages should be ignored or derided every time.

Tim

sounds like a good way to get yourself filtered out.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Please those using this portal give more info as on the real Usenet we do
not have any pictures or anything like that.
I'd have thought the fault was pretty obvious to trace.
If ok on switch then switch broken, if bypass switch and motor not running
motor busted.
:-)
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Sammy" m wrote in
message ...
Hetty compact
--
for full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...n-1210081-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

alan_m wrote:
On 21/05/2017 07:15, Tim+ wrote:

Consequently I think
"on principle" HOH messages should be ignored or derided every time.

No, only the ones that relate to posts 10 years old or only have a two
word question such as "Hetty compact" and expect the rest of the world
to have a crystal ball to know what has previously been ruled out as
the cause of the fault.

Oh - that's nearly all of the posts from home owners hub.

It's not just that, they never reply to say thanks or offer any more
information. They usually just post a one liner like 'Boiler broke, won't
work, what do?'

It's much the same with posts to other groups from the motoring
version of this web site where _every_ post is referenced to a fiat
puno.

I packed in replying to homownershub posters a long time back, ignorant
****s the lot of 'em.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Phil L" wrote in message
alan_m wrote:
On 21/05/2017 07:15, Tim+ wrote:

Consequently I think
"on principle" HOH messages should be ignored or derided every time.

No, only the ones that relate to posts 10 years old or only have a two
word question such as "Hetty compact" and expect the rest of the world
to have a crystal ball to know what has previously been ruled out as
the cause of the fault.

Oh - that's nearly all of the posts from home owners hub.

It's not just that, they never reply to say thanks or offer any more
information.

I have had at least one do all of that.

They usually just post a one liner like 'Boiler broke, won't work, what
do?'

It's much the same with posts to other groups from the motoring
version of this web site where _every_ post is referenced to a fiat
puno.

I packed in replying to homownershub posters a long time back, ignorant
****s the lot of 'em.

We all swoon at how erudite you are.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod Speed wrote:
"Phil L" wrote in message
alan_m wrote:
On 21/05/2017 07:15, Tim+ wrote:

[...]

Go and **** yourself you useless Australian prick

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 21 May 2017 18:36:46 UTC+1, Phil L wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:

Go and **** yourself you useless Australian prick

We should have a breath holding competition, see who can win. I bet Rod would be really crap at it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim+ writes:
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
Tim+ writes:
Sammy m Wrote
in message:
Hetty compact

--
for full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...n-1210081-.htm

Its broken. Burn it now.

Alternatively, download a newsreader and subscribe to uk.d-i-y and
then post a full description of the problem.

If you're anywhere near Reading Berkshire, there's
a Reading Repair Cafe tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon.
Bring it along, and we'll show you how to fix it.

http://www.transitionreading.org.uk/...g-repair-cafe/

Andrew, your trying to be helpful. A laudable goal but a misplaced one as
far as Homeownershub is concerned. The sooner its users understand what a
useless plagiarising pile of tripe it is the better. Consequently I think
"on principle" HOH messages should be ignored or derided every time.

My responses are not just aimed ot the OP, the information may
be useful to others too. We were very busy this afternoon teaching
people how to repair things. I did a large projector screen someone
bought in from their home theatre which was blowing its mains fuse,
and did half a PS4 repair (removing the broken HDMI connector - he
will need to bring it back next time to fit a new one). Also did a
number of sundry things. We did have a vacuum cleaner in - a dyson
which the owner had sucked water in (needed a new motor), but I
didn't see a Hetty, although I didn't see all the things that got
fixed.

--
Andrew Gabriel