Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bunnings/Homebase

I've passed by my local homebase (southampton)in the hope of seeing the
Bunnings name appearing over the door but no luck yet.

TV ads are still only showing the homebase name. Looking at the Bunnings
uk website they only show two stores open both in St Albans (seems
strange?) and no details of a rollout plan for new store conversions etc.

Seems a very laid back take over.

Anyone know any more or may have a store conversion going on near them?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Bob Minchin
writes
I've passed by my local homebase (southampton)in the hope of seeing the
Bunnings name appearing over the door but no luck yet.

TV ads are still only showing the homebase name. Looking at the
Bunnings uk website they only show two stores open both in St Albans
(seems strange?) and no details of a rollout plan for new store
conversions etc.

Not been there yet. Double page advert in local press.

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/04/2017 21:13, Bob Minchin wrote:
I've passed by my local homebase (southampton)in the hope of seeing the
Bunnings name appearing over the door but no luck yet.

TV ads are still only showing the homebase name. Looking at the Bunnings
uk website they only show two stores open both in St Albans (seems
strange?) and no details of a rollout plan for new store conversions etc.

Seems a very laid back take over.

Anyone know any more or may have a store conversion going on near them?

They seem to be making a lot of changes inside my local stores - so that
I can longer find anything I want! - but it still says Homebase on the
outside.
--
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/04/2017 21:13, Bob Minchin wrote:
I've passed by my local homebase (southampton)in the hope of seeing the
Bunnings name appearing over the door but no luck yet.

TV ads are still only showing the homebase name. Looking at the Bunnings
uk website they only show two stores open both in St Albans (seems
strange?) and no details of a rollout plan for new store conversions etc.

Seems a very laid back take over.

Anyone know any more or may have a store conversion going on near them?

Our nearest one is still branded Homebase, although it did have some own
label branded stock that indicated Bunnings in the small print on the back.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/04/17 21:13, Bob Minchin wrote:
I've passed by my local homebase (southampton)in the hope of seeing the
Bunnings name appearing over the door but no luck yet.

TV ads are still only showing the homebase name. Looking at the Bunnings
uk website they only show two stores open both in St Albans (seems
strange?) and no details of a rollout plan for new store conversions etc.

Seems a very laid back take over.

Anyone know any more or may have a store conversion going on near them?

FWIW They are currently advertising on job sites for shop staff for
Hemel Hempstead and Milton Keynes.

Their Head office is also in Milton Keynes, so maybe they are keeping
their initial deployments geographically relative to test the water. No
sense starting at the other end of the country!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...herts-38842021

Sez ... "There are plans to open four pilot locations in UK by June,
with 10 stores set to be created by the end of the year"

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Bob Minchin wrote:
I've passed by my local homebase (southampton)in the hope of seeing the
Bunnings name appearing over the door but no luck yet.

TV ads are still only showing the homebase name. Looking at the Bunnings
uk website they only show two stores open both in St Albans (seems
strange?) and no details of a rollout plan for new store conversions etc.

Seems a very laid back take over.

Anyone know any more or may have a store conversion going on near them?

Do they need to change the name? Not sure Homebase had a particularly bad
name, and most will never have heard of Bunnings.

--
*For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Bob Minchin wrote:
I've passed by my local homebase (southampton)in the hope of seeing the
Bunnings name appearing over the door but no luck yet.

TV ads are still only showing the homebase name. Looking at the
Bunnings uk website they only show two stores open both in St Albans
(seems strange?) and no details of a rollout plan for new store
conversions etc.

Seems a very laid back take over.

Anyone know any more or may have a store conversion going on near them?

Do they need to change the name? Not sure Homebase had a particularly bad
name, and most will never have heard of Bunnings.

international identity. If they keep it as Homebase, how will visiting
Aussies know where to shop?

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Bob Minchin wrote:
I've passed by my local homebase (southampton)in the hope of seeing the
Bunnings name appearing over the door but no luck yet.

TV ads are still only showing the homebase name. Looking at the Bunnings
uk website they only show two stores open both in St Albans (seems
strange?) and no details of a rollout plan for new store conversions etc.

Seems a very laid back take over.

Anyone know any more or may have a store conversion going on near them?

Do they need to change the name? Not sure Homebase had a particularly bad
name, and most will never have heard of Bunnings.

In order of "likelyhood to stock cushions, rather than cement", the UK
shed choice list is

1. Homebase
2. B&Q
3. Wickes
4. Toolstation / Screwfix

I'm not sure this will change. Bunnings has a fluffy sound to it.

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Adrian Caspersz wrote:
In article ,
Bob Minchin wrote:
[...]

however, the cushions at Homebase are, in our local one, sold by the Laura
Ashley concession. This is about to close under the new ownership and I'm
seeing far more "hardware" than there used to be.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, April 14, 2017 at 5:10:14 PM UTC+1, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
In article ,
Bob Minchin wrote:
[...]

Apparently they have made a loss since removing all home furnishings to reposition the business around power tools (OK a short term loss in such circumstances is to be expected). So they probably want to change the name as these days people expect to find cushions in Homebase.
Not sure how they base a business competely around power tools - but it could be good for us DIYers.
Simon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

sm_jamieson wrote:

it could be good for us DIYers.

I've given them a look-in several times (I have to go past homebase to
get to SF/TS) and been generally disappointed, they seem to keep
cramming the aisles with relatively cheapo own brand stuff, I think I've
only bought one thing in there since the takeover.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Adrian Caspersz wrote:
In order of "likelyhood to stock cushions, rather than cement", the UK

.... or even likelihood...

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Minchin wrote:
[...]

They have a lot more than just power tools in the ones they have here.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
sm_jamieson wrote:
Apparently they have made a loss since removing all home furnishings to
reposition the business around power tools (OK a short term loss in such
circumstances is to be expected). So they probably want to change the
name as these days people expect to find cushions in Homebase. Not sure
how they base a business competely around power tools - but it could be
good for us DIYers.

I'd say they'd be very hard pushed to compete with Lidl/Aldi in this.
Except in always having them in stock. Which means they likely have to
charge more them.

--
*I don't believe in astrology. I am a Sagittarius and we're very skeptical.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2017-04-13, Bob Minchin wrote:
I've passed by my local homebase (southampton)in the hope of seeing the
Bunnings name appearing over the door but no luck yet.

TV ads are still only showing the homebase name. Looking at the Bunnings
uk website they only show two stores open both in St Albans (seems
strange?) and no details of a rollout plan for new store conversions etc.

Seems a very laid back take over.

Anyone know any more or may have a store conversion going on near them?

They're struggling with the IT. Homebase outsourced their IT to
Fujitsu a couple of years ago, and a lot of the people who knew
how everything worked left in disgust. Now there are few people
left who know how stuff works to assist with the Bunnings migration.

how much IT do you need to go to a shop and change the sign on the front?

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2017-04-13, Bob Minchin wrote:
I've passed by my local homebase (southampton)in the hope of seeing the
Bunnings name appearing over the door but no luck yet.

TV ads are still only showing the homebase name. Looking at the Bunnings
uk website they only show two stores open both in St Albans (seems
strange?) and no details of a rollout plan for new store conversions
etc.

Seems a very laid back take over.

Anyone know any more or may have a store conversion going on near them?

They're struggling with the IT. Homebase outsourced their IT to
Fujitsu a couple of years ago, and a lot of the people who knew
how everything worked left in disgust. Now there are few people
left who know how stuff works to assist with the Bunnings migration.

how much IT do you need to go to a shop and change the sign on the front?

tim

Not a lot, but that's not really the point. If it says Bunnings on the
front, you'd expect your till receipt to say Bunnings and not Homebase.
And their computers would have to be told about the changed product
ranges and pricing.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Bunnings opening hardware store in UK [email protected] UK diy 13 January 27th 17 11:10 AM
Homebase Tricky Dicky[_4_] UK diy 7 October 18th 16 10:40 PM
Homebase Scabbydug UK diy 32 October 30th 06 09:29 AM
Yuk! HOME DEPOT (BUNNINGS) is awful these days John B Woodworking 5 August 3rd 06 02:05 AM
Homebase ? Colin Wilson UK diy 13 January 8th 06 11:42 PM