Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bunnings opening hardware store in UK

Do not shop there! They are ****e!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Do not shop there! They are ****e!

They've taken over the Homebase chain, who were already ****e, the first
re-branded store is due to open next month.

Not sure I'd describe the old Homebase as '****e'. Maybe not the best
value for everything, of course.

--
*What happens if you get scared half to death twice? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Not sure I'd describe the old Homebase as '****e'

Recently, cushions and dried flowers had displaced so much of the tools
and materials, their in-store saws for cutting wood disappeared years ago.

I did notice the one here now has a "free wood" bin near the exit, which
sounded like a good idea, as a schoolboy I remember going and paying
pennies for offcuts from the timber shop ... but when I looked in it all
there was, was damaged laminate flooring :-(

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Never heard of them, sound like a well baked lot.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
wrote in message
Do not shop there! They are ****e!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote

Do not shop there! They are ****e!

I shop there all the time and they are fine.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/01/2017 19:02, Rod Speed wrote:
wrote
Do not shop there! They are ****e!

I shop there all the time and they are fine.

But that's in Australia where they originate. I don't know whether
they're the same in the UK.
--
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Mills wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote

Do not shop there! They are ****e!

I shop there all the time and they are fine.

But that's in Australia where they originate.

He is too.

I don't know whether they're the same in the UK.

They do appear to be from the reports.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/01/17 17:21, Brian Gaff wrote:
Never heard of them, sound like a well baked lot.

Rabbits

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Did Homebase even offer accounts?

You could probably have used an Argos card or business account there,
before they sold them.