Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default ********

On Sunday, 12 March 2017 13:32:33 UTC, ARW wrote:
25 to 28 seconds for starters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPubEM2NtYI

--
Adam

Do these sockets have to be installed with the earth at the top, it's something I've only just thought about, i.e is it OK to install a soocket the other way up the earth pin then being at the bottom.
The only thing I can think or is that crap could fall into a plugged in plug where the cables come out. of teh 'top'
then there's the Q is it OK to install them at 90 and 270 rotations.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/03/2017 12:31, whisky-dave wrote:
On Sunday, 12 March 2017 13:32:33 UTC, ARW wrote:
25 to 28 seconds for starters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPubEM2NtYI

--
Adam

Do these sockets have to be installed with the earth at the top, it's something I've only just thought about, i.e is it OK to install a soocket the other way up the earth pin then being at the bottom.
The only thing I can think or is that crap could fall into a plugged in plug where the cables come out. of teh 'top'
then there's the Q is it OK to install them at 90 and 270 rotations.

They are frequently put 90 out, when someone strips the thread and uses
the other two.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote
ARW wrote

25 to 28 seconds for starters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPubEM2NtYI

Do these sockets have to be installed with the earth at the top,
it's something I've only just thought about, i.e is it OK to install a
soocket the other way up the earth pin then being at the bottom.

Thats the way we do ours and it works fine.

The only thing I can think or is that crap could fall into a
plugged in plug where the cables come out. of teh 'top'
then there's the Q is it OK to install them at 90 and 270 rotations.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/03/2017 12:31, whisky-dave wrote:
On Sunday, 12 March 2017 13:32:33 UTC, ARW wrote:
25 to 28 seconds for starters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPubEM2NtYI

--
Adam

Do these sockets have to be installed with the earth at the top, it's something I've only just thought about, i.e is it OK to install a soocket the other way up the earth pin then being at the bottom.
The only thing I can think or is that crap could fall into a plugged in plug where the cables come out. of teh 'top'
then there's the Q is it OK to install them at 90 and 270 rotations.

Well some people will no doubt kick up a fuss.

A moulded plug (a heavy duty type not one a flimsy charger one for a
mobile phone MAY have undue strain on the flex if the socket was on it's
side).

However most of my flimsy phone chargers have their cable coming out of
the top of the moulded plug and in IMHO they would last longer if the
socket was installed upside down.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/03/2017 13:31, dennis@home wrote:
On 14/03/2017 12:31, whisky-dave wrote:
On Sunday, 12 March 2017 13:32:33 UTC, ARW wrote:
25 to 28 seconds for starters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPubEM2NtYI

--
Adam

Do these sockets have to be installed with the earth at the top, it's
something I've only just thought about, i.e is it OK to install a
soocket the other way up the earth pin then being at the bottom.
The only thing I can think or is that crap could fall into a plugged
in plug where the cables come out. of teh 'top'
then there's the Q is it OK to install them at 90 and 270 rotations.

They are frequently put 90 out, when someone strips the thread and uses
the other two.

I would say that that they are more commonly installed this way as the
socket is too close to the floor to allow a plug with moulded strain
relief to fit the socket.

--
Adam

Bollocks ARWadsworth UK diy 9 April 1st 12 05:14 PM
Carbon Bollocks and NPower ARWadsworth UK diy 35 January 4th 10 06:24 PM
Calculating your carbon footprint - a load of bollocks ARWadworth UK diy 292 September 25th 08 12:17 PM
Bollocks,I told you not to dig too deep. George UK diy 9 April 22nd 08 01:12 AM