Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW[_2_] ARW[_2_] is offline

Default ********

On 14/03/2017 13:31, dennis@home wrote:
On 14/03/2017 12:31, whisky-dave wrote:
On Sunday, 12 March 2017 13:32:33 UTC, ARW wrote:
25 to 28 seconds for starters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPubEM2NtYI

--
Adam

Do these sockets have to be installed with the earth at the top, it's
something I've only just thought about, i.e is it OK to install a
soocket the other way up the earth pin then being at the bottom.
The only thing I can think or is that crap could fall into a plugged
in plug where the cables come out. of teh 'top'
then there's the Q is it OK to install them at 90 and 270 rotations.

They are frequently put 90 out, when someone strips the thread and uses
the other two.

I would say that that they are more commonly installed this way as the
socket is too close to the floor to allow a plug with moulded strain
relief to fit the socket.

--
Adam