Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Another fridge failure

Larder Fridge Beko LS620, purchased 2012

2013 Temperature totally erratic - thermostat changed under warranty
- now OK
2015 Would not cool - I tested and changed thermostat - now OK
Last week Would not switch off, temp down to 1 degree. Thermostat
checked - failed. New one ordered.

Spent a day switching manually on and off to keep temperature around 5
degrees.

Moved fridge to make access easier to fiet new trhermostat when it
arrives. OK for several hours went out for a while, temp down to 2
degrees, on return - switch off for a few hours.

Switched on again - would not cool. Have tried intermittently over
last two days.

Symptoms: compressor running taking initially 2A, dropping to 0.28A
after a few seconds. Usual gurgling noises. After 5 mins pipe to
fridge is 3 degrees below ambient, pipe to condenser is about 3
degrees above.

After 30 mins 'cool' pipe is close to ambient. Compressor body at 44
degrees, condenser warm at top only, rest at ambient.

I feel a fridge should last more than five years. Its predecessor was
23 years old when I got rid of it - mainly as the door seals were poor
and the cooling cycles were getting longer and a Class A replacement
seemed sensible.

Seems like refrigerant has gone, but I sure I didn't knock anything
when I moved it .

TIA

Graham

---