Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Annual tax summary (very OT)

Just had my "summary" for 2015-16, this is the slick one page glossy
which includes a pie chart of contributions to public spending.

They've got all the basic figures right (income, basic and higher rate
tax) but the *total* income tax figure is just added up wrong.

They conclude that I pay 20% of my taxable income in tax (on their
numbers it is 23%), while the figure is actually just over 30%.

On the whole, I suppose they are trying. I would hate to be the person
who was signed off the verification of the code doing that calc, though!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

newshound wrote:

They've got all the basic figures right (income, basic and higher rate
tax) but the *total* income tax figure is just added up wrong.

Looks like the tax summary only shows details from employment, it had my
income, tax allowance, PAYE, employee & employer NI correct as per the
payroll end of year figures.

But it doesn't take into account any other sources of income, so it is
wildly inaccurate.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 27 February 2017 16:46:12 UTC, newshound wrote:
They conclude that I pay 20% of my taxable income in tax (on their
numbers it is 23%), while the figure is actually just over 30%.

Of course by allocating taxable income to non-taxable income on which income tax is nevertheless taxed, and counting taxable allowances as claimed even if ineligible, offsetting the notional tax benefits against the actual but intangible tax benefits, and changing the baseine comparison used since 1977, they've actually managed to cut your income tax.

By about 5%, Minister.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/02/2017 16:46, newshound wrote:
Just had my "summary" for 2015-16, this is the slick one page glossy
which includes a pie chart of contributions to public spending.

They've got all the basic figures right (income, basic and higher rate
tax) but the *total* income tax figure is just added up wrong.

They conclude that I pay 20% of my taxable income in tax (on their
numbers it is 23%), while the figure is actually just over 30%.

On the whole, I suppose they are trying. I would hate to be the person
who was signed off the verification of the code doing that calc, though!

Am glad someone's getting a Summary. I remember reading about them a
few years ago and wondered if one would ever appear. Never seen one.
They seem able to semd me my Self Assessment statements, but no Annual
Summary.

I'm not holding my breath.

---

OT - Server Power Summary thescullster UK diy 10 December 17th 15 11:05 PM
summary for hf clamps Electric Comet Woodworking 83 November 11th 15 03:07 AM
Part P - new summary John Rumm UK diy 7 March 24th 14 10:16 PM
Let's summary the different company whose rework SMT [email protected] Electronics Repair 2 February 21st 07 12:41 AM