Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default One for the plumbers

After studying the Osma product guide and the architects bathroom layout
I am uncertain how best to go about connecting the various wastes.

Chalet bungalow dormer rooms tend to be T shaped with the window at the
foot of the T. I suppose the bath would fit under the window but my
preferred layout is to have wash basin, bidet, toilet there and the bath
tucked into a T top corner. Fortunately the floor joists are 225mm deep
and run in a convenient direction so I have space to get the falls
needed.

This layout brings the issue of connecting the bath waste upstream of
the toilet. Good for keeping the soil pipe clean but there doesn't seem
to be anything available to connect readily to the end of the pipe. Lots
of choice for branches with connecting bosses but they are always where
the toilet waste would enter which I think breaches the guidance.

Any thoughts?
--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Lamb wrote:
[...]

Are Strap Bosses, the thing you are looking for?

Bob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 24 February 2017 21:29:13 UTC, Bob Minchin wrote:
Tim Lamb wrote:
[...]

a bit personal isn't it?

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Lamb wrote:

This layout brings the issue of connecting the bath waste upstream of
the toilet. Good for keeping the soil pipe clean but there doesn't seem
to be anything available to connect readily to the end of the pipe. Lots
of choice for branches with connecting bosses but they are always where
the toilet waste would enter which I think breaches the guidance.

Can you arrange it so you can use of the multi-inlet soil manifolds,
where the toilet feeds into a branch feeding into the manifold (and
presumably a soil stack (or stub for an AAV) leaving from the top of the
branch?

https://www.ondemandsupplies.co.uk/floplast-110mm-ring-seal-single-boss-soil-manifold-grey/

The internal channels are arranged so they don't count as opposing
inlets that normally have to be avoided.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Andy Burns
writes

https://www.ondemandsupplies.co.uk/f...al-single-boss
-soil-manifold-grey/

The internal channels are arranged so they don't count as opposing
inlets that normally have to be avoided.

I saw those. Presumably intended for vertical mounting. The down pipe
will run through the soffit but there might be space. Access for future
maintenance will be a pig whatever I do. With the bath tucked into the
alcove, I'll need a hatch through the wall to get at the tap
connections.....hmm..

--
Tim Lamb

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Lamb wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

Can you arrange it so you can use of the multi-inlet soil manifolds

I saw those. Presumably intended for vertical mounting.

Yes, generally the manifold would go in a corner and you aim all the
soil and waste pipes toward it, might not work in all situations

https://youtu.be/_1SUraAUc-E

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Andy Burns
writes
Tim Lamb wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

Can you arrange it so you can use of the multi-inlet soil manifolds

I saw those. Presumably intended for vertical mounting.

Yes, generally the manifold would go in a corner and you aim all the
soil and waste pipes toward it, might not work in all situations

https://youtu.be/_1SUraAUc-E

OK. Thanks for that. Might also help with the ground floor wet room
issues.

--
Tim Lamb

One for the plumbers Mr Pounder Esquire UK diy 80 August 4th 16 10:17 AM
DIY Plumbers the_constructor[_2_] UK diy 20 June 12th 11 05:57 PM
One for the plumbers John UK diy 12 October 22nd 08 09:20 AM
B*****y plumbers The Medway Handyman UK diy 65 September 27th 07 07:53 AM
One for the plumbers? Harry Bloomfield UK diy 14 February 20th 05 08:30 PM