Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default SCAM ALERT!

0207 1862 250 is a scam run by an Indian woman doctor selling Glucosamine tablets. Next time she rings, I will tell her my new phone number is 004433640040407 - She will get billed at £2.50 per minute and I will string out each call to 15 minutes at a time!

£37.50 each weekday is almost £800 pcm.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/scam.jpg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Alan Dawes wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

all 03 numbers are charged at standard rates same as 01 or 02.

Be careful if calling from a mobile as they can cost up to 55p per minute
depending on your provider.

True, but that's still the same as standard 01/02 rates on those providers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote

0207 1862 250 is a scam run by an Indian woman
doctor selling Glucosamine tablets. Next time she
rings, I will tell her my new phone number is
004433640040407 - She will get billed at £2.50 per minute
and I will string out each call to 15 minutes at a time!

£37.50 each weekday is almost £800 pcm.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/scam.jpg

I'd have you publicly flogged if you hadn't
so obviously enjoyed that the last time.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, February 17, 2017 at 9:34:34 AM UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
wrote

0207 1862 250 is a scam run by an Indian woman
doctor selling Glucosamine tablets. Next time she
rings, I will tell her my new phone number is
004433640040407 - She will get billed at £2.50 per minute
and I will string out each call to 15 minutes at a time!

£37.50 each weekday is almost £800 pcm.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/scam.jpg

I'd have you publicly flogged if you hadn't
so obviously enjoyed that the last time.

Above sorrow stands joy
However
Above the joyous untruth
Stands the grievous truth
Truth is sorrow
Isn't sorrow the way to infinity?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
0207 1862 250 is a scam run by an Indian woman doctor selling Glucosamine
tablets. Next time she rings, I will tell her my new phone number is
004433640040407 - She will get billed at £2.50 per minute and I will string
out each call to 15 minutes at a time!

£37.50 each weekday is almost £800 pcm.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/scam.jpg

Just type scam numbers into Google (without spaces, especially not in the
wrong places like yours) to see lists of complaints from other victims.
--
Dave W

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I y think you missed the point here. However scammers seldom listen to what
you say, they just wont you to hear what they say, and are not foolish
enough to ring premium rate numbers. They normally also block their own
number so if the person has it they can bar it oon something like True call.
Brrian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Andy Burns" wrote in message

I will tell her my new phone number is 004433640040407

According to OFCOM, the 0336 range is unallocated, in any case all 03
numbers are charged at standard rates same as 01 or 02.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
wrote:
0207 1862 250 is a scam run by an Indian woman doctor selling
Glucosamine tablets. Next time she rings, I will tell her my new phone
number is 004433640040407 - She will get billed at £2.50 per minute and
I will string out each call to 15 minutes at a time!

Why not get a call blocker like TrueCall?

I've not had a single spam call since.

--
*42.7% of statistics are made up. Sorry, that should read 47.2% *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, February 17, 2017 at 11:34:21 AM UTC, Brian Gaff wrote:
I y think you missed the point here. However scammers seldom listen to what
you say, they just wont you to hear what they say, and are not foolish
enough to ring premium rate numbers. They normally also block their own
number so if the person has it they can bar it oon something like True call.
Brrian

How will they know 004433640040407 is premium rate?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
On Friday, February 17, 2017 at 9:34:34 AM UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
wrote

0207 1862 250 is a scam run by an Indian woman
doctor selling Glucosamine tablets. Next time she
rings, I will tell her my new phone number is
004433640040407 - She will get billed at £2.50 per minute
and I will string out each call to 15 minutes at a time!

£37.50 each weekday is almost £800 pcm.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/scam.jpg

I'd have you publicly flogged if you hadn't
so obviously enjoyed that the last time.

Above sorrow stands joy
However
Above the joyous untruth
Stands the grievous truth
Truth is sorrow
Isn't sorrow the way to infinity?

Try that again in english when not completely
****ed, I dont read gobbledegook very well at all.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 18 Feb 2017 08:45:49 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
On Friday, February 17, 2017 at 9:34:34 AM UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
wrote

0207 1862 250 is a scam run by an Indian woman
doctor selling Glucosamine tablets. Next time she
rings, I will tell her my new phone number is
004433640040407 - She will get billed at £2.50 per minute
and I will string out each call to 15 minutes at a time!

£37.50 each weekday is almost £800 pcm.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/scam.jpg

I'd have you publicly flogged if you hadn't
so obviously enjoyed that the last time.

Above sorrow stands joy
However
Above the joyous untruth
Stands the grievous truth
Truth is sorrow
Isn't sorrow the way to infinity?

Try that again in english when not completely
****ed, I don’t read gobbledegook very well at all.

Not his work, it's his eclectic musical taste.

https://youtu.be/WOrNE9-avkU?t=142
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

Then replace ****ed with drugged out of their tiny little 'minds'

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) expressed precisely :
Why not get a call blocker like TrueCall?

I've not had a single spam call since.

Our Call Blocker has begun showing that someone tried to call from a
number it describes as INTERNATIONAL, but never stores a number with
it. It is set the only let through calls from its callbook. If they
don't present a number it just rejects their call. Now how does it
know, if no number is presented, that it is an international call?

All other callers have a number listed, even those using a spoofed
phone number. Genuine callers, not in the list, can get through via a
procedure of saying their name and me accepting or rejecting their
call.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 18 Feb 2017 16:26:44 GMT, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:

Dave Plowman (News) expressed precisely :
Why not get a call blocker like TrueCall?

I've not had a single spam call since.

Our Call Blocker has begun showing that someone tried to call from a
number it describes as INTERNATIONAL, but never stores a number with
it. It is set the only let through calls from its callbook. If they
don't present a number it just rejects their call. Now how does it
know, if no number is presented, that it is an international call?

All other callers have a number listed, even those using a spoofed
phone number. Genuine callers, not in the list, can get through via a
procedure of saying their name and me accepting or rejecting their
call.

Is this on a BT line?
BT had an "issue" about trust of International numbers, and did not
pass them to the subscriber. Other operators, particularly mobile
operators happily presented them.

Looking at my Asterisk call logs which go back to the end of 2013 I
can see 32 instances of the word INTERNATIONAL in the CLID "name"
field (not the number field). About half of these don't have a
presentation number and they all occur in or before Jan 2014.
Then on and after December 204 there is another block of calls with
"INTERNATIONAL" in the name field but this time with a number in the
number field, many of which look wrongly formatted

Interestingly, the last one was in mid March 2015 and there have been
no more INTERNATIONAL since.

I mess around a lot with my server, so I can't guarantee I havn't
influenced the apperence and disaperence of these calls, but I don't
think I have.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/g3zvt/2aM2Gr

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Graham. explained :
Is this on a BT line?
BT had an "issue" about trust of International numbers, and did not
pass them to the subscriber. Other operators, particularly mobile
operators happily presented them.

You might be correct....

We never saw the INTERNATIONAL when on Talktalk, it began to appear
since we moved to Plusnet which is BT (November/December), but only
began to appear in the past few weeks.

OT Humor/Political: Scam Alert Tim Daneliuk Woodworking 14 September 16th 12 11:23 AM
Scam alert - platinum holidays [email protected] UK diy 9 December 10th 09 09:21 PM
Scam alert Morris Dovey Woodworking 0 August 14th 09 06:04 AM
Scam Alert Morris Dovey Woodworking 40 April 7th 09 08:49 AM
OT - Scam Alert SteveF Metalworking 2 April 30th 06 08:24 PM