Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT Humor/Political: Scam Alert

'Seen today:

http://culturewrench.com/?p=167

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 14 Sep 2012 14:25:11 -0500, Tim Daneliuk wrote:

'Seen today:

http://culturewrench.com/?p=167

It is beyond me how anyone can believe this kind of crap.

Paul T.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 09/14/2012 04:16 PM, P.H.T. wrote:
On Fri, 14 Sep 2012 14:25:11 -0500, Tim Daneliuk wrote:

'Seen today:

http://culturewrench.com/?p=167

It is beyond me how anyone can believe this kind of crap.

Paul T.

I think this is actually a satire, not real, no?

Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/

Posted to rec.woodworking

"P.H.T." wrote:

It is beyond me how anyone can believe this kind of crap.

---------------------------------
Consider the source.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 09/14/2012 04:53 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
"P.H.T." wrote:

It is beyond me how anyone can believe this kind of crap.

---------------------------------
Consider the source.

Lew

Interesting. Among the people I passed this along to today, almost
everyone understood this to be satire. The one and only group that
did not were ideological liberals. Methinks there's some message there
having to do with the need to be offended just to feel alive...

FWIW, I thought it was funny as satire...

Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/

Posted to rec.woodworking

"P.H.T." wrote:

It is beyond me how anyone can believe this kind of crap.

---------------------------------
Consider the source.

Lew

Interesting. Among the people I passed this along to today, almost
everyone understood this to be satire. The one and only group that
did not were ideological liberals. Methinks there's some message there
having to do with the need to be offended just to feel alive...

That's hilarious in itself, you racist pig.

FWIW, I thought it was funny as satire...

+1

--
Creativity can solve almost any problem. The creative act,
the defeat of habit by originality, overcomes everything.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"P.H.T." wrote:

It is beyond me how anyone can believe this kind of crap.

---------------------------------
Consider the source.

Lew

Interesting. Among the people I passed this along to today, almost
everyone understood this to be satire. The one and only group that
did not were ideological liberals. Methinks there's some message there
having to do with the need to be offended just to feel alive...

That's hilarious in itself, you racist pig.

Wm. F. Buckley famously said something to the effect
that liberals are tolerant of all points of view until
they discover there actually *are* other points of view.

FWIW, I thought it was funny as satire...

+1

--
Creativity can solve almost any problem. The creative act,
the defeat of habit by originality, overcomes everything.
-- George Lois

Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/14/12 5:31 PM, Tim Daneliuk wrote:
Methinks there's some message there
having to do with the need to be offended just to feel alive...

+1
finger to nose

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

http://culturewrench.com/?p=167

It is beyond me how anyone can believe this kind of crap.
Paul T.

x2!

They lost me at Allah.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Interesting. Among the people I passed this along to today, almost
everyone understood this to be satire. The one and only group that
did not were ideological liberals. Methinks there's some message there
having to do with the need to be offended just to feel alive...

Satire?

"...Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose
is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon."

FWIW, I thought it was funny as satire...
+1

Perhaps satire but I didn't think it was funny. I thought it was sad.
Funny is ...
Lewis & Martin, Abbot & Costello, George Carlin and Robin Williams.
Ok, maybe the last is a little over the top, but still funny.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"P.H.T." wrote:

It is beyond me how anyone can believe this kind of crap.

---------------------------------
Consider the source.

Lew

Interesting. Among the people I passed this along to today, almost
everyone understood this to be satire. The one and only group that
did not were ideological liberals. Methinks there's some message there
having to do with the need to be offended just to feel alive...

That's hilarious in itself, you racist pig.

Wm. F. Buckley famously said something to the effect
that liberals are tolerant of all points of view until
they discover there actually *are* other points of view.

Love it!

--
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes.
Art is knowing which ones to keep.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Casper wrote:
Interesting. Among the people I passed this along to today, almost
everyone understood this to be satire. The one and only group that
did not were ideological liberals. Methinks there's some message
there having to do with the need to be offended just to feel
alive...

Satire?

"...Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose
is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon."

FWIW, I thought it was funny as satire...
+1

Perhaps satire but I didn't think it was funny. I thought it was sad.
Funny is ...
Lewis & Martin, Abbot & Costello, George Carlin and Robin Williams.
Ok, maybe the last is a little over the top, but still funny.

sat·ire
[sat-ahyuhr] Show IPA
noun
1. the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing,
denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.

2. a literary composition, in verse or prose, in which human folly and
vice are held up to scorn, derision, or ridicule.

3. a literary genre comprising such compositions.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Tim Daneliuk wrote:
'Seen today:

http://culturewrench.com/?p=167

Thanks for the heads-up!

Posted to rec.woodworking

"P.H.T." wrote:

It is beyond me how anyone can believe this kind of crap.

---------------------------------
Consider the source.

Lew

Interesting. Among the people I passed this along to today, almost
everyone understood this to be satire. The one and only group that
did not were ideological liberals. Methinks there's some message
there having to do with the need to be offended just to feel alive...

FWIW, I thought it was funny as satire...

--
Humor: It's not for pompous, pretentious, egotistical dumbass Democrats
anymore

Posted to rec.woodworking

"ChairMan" wrote in :

Humor: It's not for pompous, pretentious, egotistical dumbass Democrats
anymore

"Anymore"? It never was.

Political humor - dem vs rep.pdf John Fields Electronic Schematics 0 July 20th 11 02:02 PM
OT Political Humor dteckie Woodworking 0 September 5th 06 11:12 AM
OT Political Humor dteckie Woodworking 0 September 5th 06 11:12 AM
OT - Scam Alert SteveF Metalworking 2 April 30th 06 08:24 PM
OT Political Humor GregP Woodworking 65 November 21st 04 07:53 PM