Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Removing nuts

I'm having trouble removing them, despite using spanners, hammer & blowtorch. It's a 3 way momo heating valve. The nut I can't remove is on the underside of the thing, and access to it is terrible. I can get a pair of pump pliers onto it, but none of the other half a dozen other 32mm tools will fit due to their head recesses being at the wrong angle. With the pump pliers on I simply can't get enough force on them to turn it. Getting a hammer in there is impossible, the pliers are right up against the hot cylinder. I've tried blowtorching it, still no joy. Not that I'd expect joy from that sort of thing, but it was worth a try.

There's only one thing I can think might work, an open end spanner head with a square hole in it for a socket bar. But I don't know what those are called, so bit hard to search for them. Any other ideas welcome! And no, replacing the head has already been tried.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message

[...]

Something like this?:
https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/clar...Fc6T7QodPlYN_Q

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2/6/2017 3:45 PM, Richard wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

Google for 32 mm crows foot spanner

Advice on removing "Push Nuts" Reed Home Repair 12 July 24th 18 07:44 AM
Jam nuts, locking nuts Doug White Metalworking 3 July 25th 09 04:04 AM
nuts with nylon inserts versus lock washers and jamb nuts mm Home Repair 30 May 8th 08 04:36 AM
Tee Nuts boden Woodworking 13 April 30th 06 12:05 AM
RIGHT WING NUTS vastly outnumber LEFT WING NUTS . ROBB Metalworking 0 September 28th 03 11:54 PM