Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ink for Epson - Shake or not

Reading the instructions for changing the ink on a Epson printer I saw the
instruction to Shake the black ink - but don't shake the coloured inks.

If I knew why I would probably remember it correctly. Any ideas?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

WEll maybe the particles in the black are not really stable in solution but
if that were the case surely after a short time in use the black would start
acting up.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
.222...
Reading the instructions for changing the ink on a Epson printer I saw the
instruction to Shake the black ink - but don't shake the coloured inks.

If I knew why I would probably remember it correctly. Any ideas?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
DerbyBorn wrote:
Reading the instructions for changing the ink on a Epson printer I saw
the instruction to Shake the black ink - but don't shake the coloured
inks.

If I knew why I would probably remember it correctly. Any ideas?

I assume the black is pigment based so shaking will disperse the tiny
insoluble particles of black through out the liquid medium, whilst the
colour is dye based so fully dissolved in the solvent.

My Canon iX6850 printer has a large pigment based black cartridge and a
smaller dye based black cartridge.

Alan

--

Using an ARMX6
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2/6/2017 10:31 AM, Alan Dawes wrote:
In article ,
DerbyBorn wrote:
Reading the instructions for changing the ink on a Epson printer I saw
the instruction to Shake the black ink - but don't shake the coloured
inks.

If I knew why I would probably remember it correctly. Any ideas?

I assume the black is pigment based so shaking will disperse the tiny
insoluble particles of black through out the liquid medium, whilst the
colour is dye based so fully dissolved in the solvent.

My Canon iX6850 printer has a large pigment based black cartridge and a
smaller dye based black cartridge.

Alan

And shaking the dye ones unnecessarily may introduce small air bubbles
which subsequently cause problems?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

And shaking the dye ones unnecessarily may introduce small air bubbles
which subsequently cause problems?

Thanks!

Shake and bake LA Eagle[_7_] Home Repair 31 June 13th 16 04:42 PM
Shake roof maintenance Guv Bob Home Repair 6 September 11th 14 02:18 AM
Don't shake a flour! Waleed Pervez al-Queda Home Repair 0 December 10th 07 12:51 AM
shake retrofit peter Home Repair 0 November 24th 05 03:37 PM
How can one shake a well? dean Home Repair 4 October 22nd 05 03:41 PM