Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cannon coal ridge bf fire

I have said fire but pilot keeps going out, it will light and fire will stay
lit for several minutes and then extinguish itself. I have replaced the
thermocouple and the problem still exists. I am hoping that you could help me
with this problem and suggest what it is. Many thanks

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...e-1187723-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/02/17 14:14, Michael Brunsdon wrote:
I have said fire but pilot keeps going out, it will light and fire will
stay
lit for several minutes and then extinguish itself. I have replaced the
thermocouple and the problem still exists. I am hoping that you could
help me
with this problem and suggest what it is. Many thanks

Homeownershub retards...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 5 February 2017 18:45:36 UTC, Tim Watts wrote:
On 04/02/17 14:14, Michael Brunsdon wrote:
I have said fire but pilot keeps going out, it will light and fire will
stay
lit for several minutes and then extinguish itself. I have replaced the
thermocouple and the problem still exists. I am hoping that you could
help me
with this problem and suggest what it is. Many thanks

Homesnip retards...

Looks like a perfectly valid diy question to me. We might not like homo hub but it does bring lots of people to the newsgroup, which is mostly a good thing.

Staying lit for minutes then going out is a puzzle to me.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 4 February 2017 14:14:04 UTC, Michael Brunsdon wrote:
I have said fire but pilot keeps going out, it will light and fire will stay
lit for several minutes and then extinguish itself. I have replaced the
thermocouple and the problem still exists. I am hoping that you could help me
with this problem and suggest what it is. Many thanks

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...e-1187723-.htm

The whole burner assembly may need a general clean.

Normally the thermocouple is the bit that goes wrong.

Sometimes there is a bit of metal that directs the pilot light on to the thermocouple that needs adjusting.

Possibly the pilot light fame is not big enough to heat the thermocouple or it needs redirecting.
There is a screw on the control valve (next to where the pilot flame pipe connects) to adjust the pilot flame size. Don't make it too big or it will burn the thermocouple out.
Sometimes backdraughts down the chimney blows the pilot flame out.

The only other thing I can think of is that the valve controlled by the thermocouple is sticking. WD40?

You need to observe it and see if the pilot flame goes out before the fire shuts down.