Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Coax cable

Can someone kindly remind me what the consensus was for best coax to use
for TV outlets round the house?
--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Lamb wrote:

Can someone kindly remind me what the consensus was for best coax to use
for TV outlets round the house?

WF100

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Andy Burns
writes
Tim Lamb wrote:

Can someone kindly remind me what the consensus was for best coax to use
for TV outlets round the house?

WF100

OK Ta.

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Lamb formulated the question :
Can someone kindly remind me what the consensus was for best coax to use for
TV outlets round the house?

CT 100, which I understand is no longer made, but there is a similar
replacement. It is triple screened, versus the single screen of the old
brown cable.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/02/2017 18:29, Tim Lamb wrote:
Can someone kindly remind me what the consensus was for best coax to use
for TV outlets round the house?

http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/article...-quality.shtml

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Bill Wright
writes
On 01/02/2017 18:29, Tim Lamb wrote:
Can someone kindly remind me what the consensus was for best coax to use
for TV outlets round the house?

http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/article...-quality.shtml

OK Bill. I think that has fully covered the subject:-)

Prices seem to have moved on a bit since you wrote that!

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

It would be interesting to know if coax cable does degenerate if used mainly
away from weather and animal damage sources.
Do you really need triple screening if the screen of woven copper is pretty
good. One of my main annoyances was that the brown or white single screened
stuff used to be much better than the more recent versions, ie much of the
newer stuff has very wide weave on the b5raid, but the original stuff was
very good in this area.

Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
news
Tim Lamb formulated the question :
Can someone kindly remind me what the consensus was for best coax to use
for TV outlets round the house?

CT 100, which I understand is no longer made, but there is a similar
replacement. It is triple screened, versus the single screen of the old
brown cable.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff has brought this to us :
Do you really need triple screening if the screen of woven copper is pretty
good.

In my experience and in an RF rich environment, yes. It helps keep much
of the unwanted interference out of the coax.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/02/2017 20:29, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Bill Wright
writes
On 01/02/2017 18:29, Tim Lamb wrote:
Can someone kindly remind me what the consensus was for best coax to use
for TV outlets round the house?

http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/article...-quality.shtml

OK Bill. I think that has fully covered the subject:-)

Prices seem to have moved on a bit since you wrote that!

The whole website needs updating. The trouble is, since I retired I've
been too busy.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Bill Wright wrote:
On 01/02/2017 20:29, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Bill Wright
writes
On 01/02/2017 18:29, Tim Lamb wrote:
Can someone kindly remind me what the consensus was for best coax to use
for TV outlets round the house?

http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/article...-quality.shtml

OK Bill. I think that has fully covered the subject:-)

Prices seem to have moved on a bit since you wrote that!

The whole website needs updating. The trouble is, since I retired I've
been too busy.

Bill

+1

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/02/2017 18:29, Tim Lamb wrote:
Can someone kindly remind me what the consensus was for best coax to use
for TV outlets round the house?

Does it depend on whether you're only splitting the digital signal (ie
the aerial downfeed) or distributing analogue too (eg from a Sky RF-out
socket)?

I'd assume the former is less prone to local RF interference so cabling
wouldn't be so critical.

--
Reentrant

Is my coax cable bad? miamicuse Home Repair 10 April 17th 14 01:44 AM
Coax cable Simon \(Dark Angel\) UK diy 9 March 26th 09 12:02 AM
Cable TV and coax splitters - Hookup splitter to Digital Cable JTT Home Repair 1 August 24th 07 03:15 AM
extending coax cable to cable-modem Rick UK diy 15 February 23rd 05 11:44 AM
For the Cable Guys: Coax cable Splitter Q. Michael Stoic Home Repair 6 January 25th 05 02:28 PM