Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Plumber!!!!

Stayed in a hotel recently - the shower hose connectors at both ends leaked
badly. They were a mess of sealant and PTFE tape.

I reported it to the reception. She said the "plumber" had recently fixed
it - and she would call him back!

Presumably he doesn't know that a rubber washer is needed and the thread is
merely for providing a clamping force. I wondered if he really considered
himself to be a "plumber"?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

DerbyBorn wrote:
Stayed in a hotel recently - the shower hose connectors at both ends
leaked badly. They were a mess of sealant and PTFE tape.

I reported it to the reception. She said the "plumber" had recently
fixed it - and she would call him back!

Presumably he doesn't know that a rubber washer is needed and the
thread is merely for providing a clamping force. I wondered if he
really considered himself to be a "plumber"?

When she said 'plumber', she actually meant the guy who does odd jobs for a
few quid here and there, probably an employee's dad or uncle.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 16:51:16 GMT, DerbyBorn
wrote:

Stayed in a hotel recently - the shower hose connectors at both ends leaked
badly. They were a mess of sealant and PTFE tape.

I reported it to the reception. She said the "plumber" had recently fixed
it - and she would call him back!

I stayed ay a b&b a few years ago, and when I pulled the plug after
shaving in the morning, the water took a long time to drain, which I
reported. Later, I realised that he had done all the work himself
using plastic piping, and that somewhere under floor was a length of
pipe inadequately supported that sagged when it got warm.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
2.236...
Stayed in a hotel recently - the shower hose connectors at both ends
leaked
badly. They were a mess of sealant and PTFE tape.

I reported it to the reception. She said the "plumber" had recently fixed
it - and she would call him back!

Presumably he doesn't know that a rubber washer is needed and the thread
is
merely for providing a clamping force. I wondered if he really considered
himself to be a "plumber"?

probably a poster to this group...tee hee

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in
:

"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
2.236...
Stayed in a hotel recently - the shower hose connectors at both ends
leaked
badly. They were a mess of sealant and PTFE tape.

I reported it to the reception. She said the "plumber" had recently
fixed it - and she would call him back!

Presumably he doesn't know that a rubber washer is needed and the
thread is
merely for providing a clamping force. I wondered if he really
considered himself to be a "plumber"?

probably a poster to this group...tee hee

I tend to think of "possession of PTFE Tape as implying some sort of
aptitude for plumbing."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article 2,
DerbyBorn writes:

I tend to think of "possession of PTFE Tape as implying some sort of
aptitude for plumbing."

Inappropriate use of PTFE is also a good indiocation of a cluesless plumber.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 29 January 2017 16:51:19 UTC, DerbyBorn wrote:
Stayed in a hotel recently - the shower hose connectors at both ends leaked
badly. They were a mess of sealant and PTFE tape.

I reported it to the reception. She said the "plumber" had recently fixed
it - and she would call him back!

probably a euphemism for 'I spent £1 on a tube of poundland sealant, so what's the problem?'

Presumably he doesn't know that a rubber washer is needed and the thread is
merely for providing a clamping force. I wondered if he really considered
himself to be a "plumber"?

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
On Sunday, 29 January 2017 16:51:19 UTC, DerbyBorn wrote:
Stayed in a hotel recently - the shower hose connectors at both ends
leaked
badly. They were a mess of sealant and PTFE tape.

I reported it to the reception. She said the "plumber" had recently fixed
it - and she would call him back!

probably a euphemism for 'I spent £1 on a tube
of poundland sealant, so what's the problem?'

Unlikely too many receptionists do much plumbing.