Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default Plumber!!!!

DerbyBorn wrote:
Stayed in a hotel recently - the shower hose connectors at both ends
leaked badly. They were a mess of sealant and PTFE tape.

I reported it to the reception. She said the "plumber" had recently
fixed it - and she would call him back!

Presumably he doesn't know that a rubber washer is needed and the
thread is merely for providing a clamping force. I wondered if he
really considered himself to be a "plumber"?

When she said 'plumber', she actually meant the guy who does odd jobs for a
few quid here and there, probably an employee's dad or uncle.